Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Seats too tall??

O.K. I searched and found nothing so far about changing the height of the seat. Does it bother anyone else that I feel like a TRUCK driver in my CAR?
I've been driving the yaris for a year, and have gotten used to it, but was wondering what everyone else has done to lower the seating postion. I'm also worried that the steering wheel may be at a bad angle if i lower it too much. My idea was to order the weapon-r seat rails, but don't know if it's a bolt on affair. I'd like to seat in a more aggressive driving position, and eventually upgrade to a seat and harness bar. If it makes a difference, I'm driving a sedan.
Thanks for the responses in advance.

anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:46 AM   #2
AlainMikli

Drives: ings 09 Yaris 3 Door LiftBack
i think weapon-r doesn't has slider, only the rail.....

get a racing seat
REAL JDM ings+1 Full Body Kit…REAL JDM C-One Spoiler…Retrofit Projector Headlight…Kiddo 6-pots BBK…CE 28N J-Time Attack…Bride Ergo II Racing Seat…Personal Steering Wheel…Work Bell Quick Release…Dealer Option Sun Roof…JDM RS LED Side Mirror…JDM RS Taillight…C-One Oil Cap…C-One Radiator Cap…TRD Iridium Racing Spark Plug…Tom's Fuel Map Controller…Blitz throttle controller…GReddy Informeter Touch…MR Suspension…TRD Rear Sway Bar…MR C-Pillar Bar…GTspec Front Strut Bar & Rear Strut Bar…AFE Intake…WR Header…Nitto Mid-Pipe…Greddy Ti-C axleback…Goodridge SS Brake Line…
To do: Supercharger…
AlainMikli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:08 AM   #3
constantin
VVT-i Addict

Drives: Yaris TS
Send a message via Yahoo to constantin
I agree with you guys but the only solution is racing seats. I saw a lot of racing seats and most of them are very very low.

I haven't seen those weapon R's but the Bride seats that are available at microimage are very low. Check out eTimago on cardomain and you will see how low they are.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
Mouse

Drives: 2007 MX5
Will the seats from the last gen celica bolt in?
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
fuji

Drives: Polar White Yaris HB
If the seats from the last gen Celica could bolt in that would be great. I saw an inexpensive seat from Sparco called the R100, about $260 a seat. Here is a pic.... Probably the best solution is to use the weapon R brackets and modify them.

I guess I could also take a look at the Weapon R seats to see if they are decent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 690.jpg (35.8 KB, 241 views)
fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
zuberio
Joined 3/08 ... really

Drives: '07 Sedan
I lowered the car - that seemed to help.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
abcs0701
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris Sedan YRS
agree! cuz i did the same thing
abcs0701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #8
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuberio View Post
I lowered the car - that seemed to help.
Ha.

I hate the height too but my problem with racing seats is if you get pulled over the cop will deff give you the worst citation he can. :/