Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
Boonespeed

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Greetings.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, officially. I've been lurking here for quite some time and finally decided it was time to register. You guys got a good little forum popping over here.

A little about myself. I am a college student, approaching my 3rd year at Appalachian State University. My first and only car up until now has been a 1970 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40, which I got as a 16th birthday present (it was a POS @ that time). For anyone familiar with them, they are fucking tanks; my family is real big on Toyota. Long story short, i've sunk all the money and time I want into this FJ40 over the last few years and my father has offered me the option of selling it and getting either a brand new Yaris, Corrolla, or I could have the option of looking for a used car. The cruisers just not a good daily driver for obvious reasons. 8 mpg (on a good day), the gas tank is located inside the cabin (mad fumes, lol which has made for some intresting trips) and the sketchy-ass steering, amongst other things. I love it, but its just not practical anymore.

So I saw this Yaris commercial and I was like damn, thats pretty cool. I did some research and found that the Yaris isn't just pretty cool, its EFFIN' SWEET! Back that with the gas mileage, the funky style of the LB, and all the great reviews i've read that all of ya'll wrote -- I believe i'm getting one next week when I go back home! We've put one on hold at the local dealership, and they have the color I want (silver) and the 5 speed. No powerpackage, but driving a car thats 36 years younger than my last, it will feel like a throne I suppose. Big change in drive, but I am very excited to say the least.

I look forward to meeting all of ya'll.

Yota Power!

Boonespeed.
Boonespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:33 AM   #2
VitzBoy
Administrator

Drives: Yaris
Welcome to the forum! Hope you get your Yaris when you head home next week.
VitzBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:16 AM   #3
Boonespeed

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Boonespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:59 AM   #4
C2AUTOSPL

Drives: 240sx, 00 Celica
Welcome to the boards!@!
Loma Linda, CA 92354
T: 909-796-8189
E-mail: info@c2auto.com
AIM: wide180sx
C2AUTOSPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #5
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I just joined a few days ago, liking it so far. Welcome!!
Old 06-07-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Lucky for you, the seating position will only be slightly shorter than your FJ. ;)
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote