Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Blitz s/c info cont'd

OK, maybe this is old news, but I found out the Blitz supercharger kit fits our USDM car in every respect, except for one thing: the throttle body. Ours is 3-bolt and theirs is 4-bolt, or the other way 'round.

So... couldn't someone buy a throttle body from over there to go with the s/c kit?

Or... couldn't someone make a nice spacer/conversion plate to make the kit work?

comments appreciated
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
Hmmm...I was under the impression it was already a direct bolt on. I was considering buying it also.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:12 AM   #3
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
I saw one and it only needed mods to the pulleys
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

"at some point" isn't good enough... I want it NOW....right now.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
check out the regional forums CANADA. At our last meet in july, We had a SC blitz there. It was the same colour as echo hrs. The car launched!!I think sway posted video as well

cheers
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #6
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
BLITZ
Old 07-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #7
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
That's Teruyume's 3 Door RS with an xB compressor retrofit...

Cheers
Whenever I try looking up any info on that setup - There are never any posts with good pics - or with a list of necessary adjustments that need to be made to the XB kit - and I've even found a few saying that he was having trouble with that kit once it was in.....Does anyone have any good info on what he did "exactly" to get it in, and i dont mean a bunch of guesses about throttle body bolt adapters....and whether its running good installed.

That would be a worthwhile DIY, rather than how to put on an exhaust or remove your rear emblems......
Old 07-24-2007, 05:40 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

What I know comes from Mike at Bulletproof Automotive, who spoke to the manufacturer. I think someone's just going to have to get one over here and deal with the issues as they come up -- then report to us, of course.

Maybe it will be me, I'm pretty hot for that kit right now.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #9
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
damn...$4k?
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #10
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
Rather a lump sum and a package that works right out of the box, tuning and all, than a hodgepodge package cobbled and made to work together (albeit grudgingly) and going back time and time again to tune and repair and make things run better.
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #11
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
If I remember correctly this Super charger is only going to give like a 15WHP increase.... for a faily large sum of money $4k? Damn for $4k I can do a 2ZZ-GE swap and have 180WHP mounted to a 6speed out of the box, and that is NA
Old 07-24-2007, 08:11 PM   #12
RShatchback

isnt 4k suggested retail - I guarantee that once it is out you will be able to get it for much less than that at local performance shops or online retailers who compete by not marking it up to full retail....you see the greddy kit all the time in magazines for around 3k and its on ebay from various companies for around 2k....
Old 07-24-2007, 08:37 PM   #13
Teruyume

Drives: 06 Yaris RS
Send a message via MSN to Teruyume
Seems everybody's interested at my retrofit all a sudden

i know i should of taken pictures and publish a DIY thingy, but i did the whole thing in my garage there's not much light and my shitty cellphone camera is taking snow storm...........

honestly i did have a few problem during installation but they aren't that much a problem actually. I had made a few pictures look at them they will definitly clear things up lol

1st of all is the throttle bolt pattern, Yaris is using 4bolt and xB is 3 Bolt. I took my xB pipe to a local machine shop had the guy chop the end off and welded a new square piece on it, with the yaris throttle diameter and bolt pattern. and i made the throttle gasket myself, i got the gasket paper from Canadian Tires.

2nd the drive belt(see diagram before contiune reading). My kit comes with only 1 idler pully, and was told in the manuel to install like the picture on the right side. But after installed the belt is slipping like crazy even i adjust the tension bolt to max.
Because the yaris has to do the setup on the left. I added a Inline4 camry idler pully, and ordered the longer 4pk1715 Blitz replacement belt.

Beside these 2 things the rest of the installation is straight forward

Why somebody are saying i had trouble with it, cuz the freaking drive belt was BACK ORDERED FOR 9 FREAKING MONTHS...... i was driving the belt screaming yaris all around Toronto since jan 2006....... definitly its a awful sight how a brand new TOYOTA screaming like a beatup AstroVan.

If u are going the xB retrofit, order the drive belt in advance. Search 4PK1715 in amazon.com u will find it.

My Blitz Compressor running like a champ:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hN5Whc_D3lg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N_pCIl0lfAg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg echo.jpg (133.2 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg yaris.jpg (142.7 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg pully.jpg (121.9 KB, 308 views)
GP Racing GR-6 15x7
Kumho Ecsta AST 195/50R15
Tanabe DF210
JDM LED Tail lights
Teruyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #14
RShatchback

Thats exactly the kind of info i was talking about - thanks for chiming in!!
Old 07-25-2007, 06:54 AM   #15
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
umm and what about engine management??? does the aftermarket computer just plug in, and away you go??? and you said you had problems...
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:58 AM   #16
Teruyume

Drives: 06 Yaris RS
Send a message via MSN to Teruyume
It comes with a computer(fuel management) that's direct plug and play. If u gonna do a E-manage style, u better off do your own research. Cuz i believe the OEM ECU is so smart at correcting numbers to the Ideal, wondering how the e-manage can hack that ?_? unless the e-manage can give the ECU a fake feed back signal, stopping the ECU from correcting the timing, spark, fuel..... etc.

wondering who has those computer control installed ?
GP Racing GR-6 15x7
Kumho Ecsta AST 195/50R15
Tanabe DF210
JDM LED Tail lights
Teruyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #17
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
at the moment all I can see of engine management for the Yaris is what ZPI is doing with the emanage ultimate, they have to unplug the rear O2 sensor, so as the keep the ECU in a CEL mode. When it is in CEL mode, the learning function is basically disabled so they can have full AFR adjustment ability. Or something like that, there's no elegant solution, but a workable hack.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #18
lostmind

Drives: 06 STi, 07 rav4, 07 yaris
Man, I just want 20-30whp. Supercharger or turbo... just give me something!

After reading up on ZPI, I'm not sure I want to support that company... but they are the only company out with something for the yaris ;(
lostmind is offline   Reply With Quote