Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
Jlively
Mr J.

Drives: 2009 yaris 5 dr HB
Send a message via AIM to Jlively
Manual trans swap

Hello all, new yaris owner new to the site, just happened upon the site yesterday. So far I have to say I am liking the site. A number of questions I had concerning my car or yaris in general were answered shortly after finding this site lol.

On to the topic at hand, I have been researching a number of swaps and add ons for the yaris. The one that most intrigured me was the 5 speed manual transmission with the electronic clutch setup that is only offered in the russian models I do believe.

How hard would it be to acquire this trans/clutch setup and everything needed to swap over and could it be swapped into a U.S. born model with no problems? Or might this require some bit of modification to make it sit proper etc?

I dont plan to do a standard us style clutch setup swap, I would rather just sell my yaris and buy one with a MT lol. But I am interested in this ECS the russian model offers. Really just as a more unique mod for a semi show car type build, with some performance use still there.
Jlively is offline   Reply With Quote