Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quebec/Ontario Meet in Kingston

I changed my titled a little bit... I'm working hard with the Quebec guys to make this happen.

We all agreed Kingston is a good place to meet. And it will most likely happen on Victoria Day. Alright, post up guys! I want to hear opinions.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
Sounds good but victoria day is on a sunday next year so the day before would nice, since it gives enough time to drive back the saturday night or sunday for work on monday. Also if you want the usa guys to come there the fourth of july weekend. Canada's day is a wednesday and the 4th is a saturday. Or Labour day weekend which is sept 7 next year.
Adriaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
sketch182

Drives: 2008 Silver Hatchback
Perhaps a survey would be a good start. I can make it on pretty much any date, but not everyone is as flexible. A survey will give the date that the most people can/will attend.
As I recall, the site used to include this thread and at that time it was suggested that such a meet should include our US neighbors. To make it truly international we could invite our American members, especially those from New York, Vermont and Pennsylvania, as they are closest to Kingston.

Last edited by sketch182; 10-21-2008 at 10:07 PM.
sketch182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
IllusionX

oh yeah... As I said last time.. anybody willing to come are welcome. It's just that i figured I wouldn't be able to manage it with too many regions unless i get some help from around... The Quebec guys are all on my side and are very helpful.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriaan View Post
Sounds good but victoria day is on a sunday next year so the day before would nice, since it gives enough time to drive back the saturday night or sunday for work on monday. Also if you want the usa guys to come there the fourth of july weekend. Canada's day is a wednesday and the 4th is a saturday. Or Labour day weekend which is sept 7 next year.
Adriaan,
Victoria Day is celebrated on May 24th (if a Monday) or the next Monday following if May 24 doesn't fall on a Monday. Hence the May 24 long weekend.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
MUSKOKA800

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
I changed my titled a little bit... I'm working hard with the Quebec guys to make this happen.

We all agreed Kingston is a good place to meet. And it will most likely happen on Victoria Day. Alright, post up guys! I want to hear opinions.
My best advise. Set a firm date early and promote it.
Many people need to schedule events well in advance which isn't possible without a firm date.

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
Adriaan
In between cities

yet news from the quebec club on dates or idea. I posted the info on echodrivers.com to see what they say. Also i'll post on toyota nation to see if there any ideas also. but Victoria sounds like a good day forgot it on the monday. Not use to getting holidays off everyday is the same where i work.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:17 PM   #8
IllusionX

so.. kinda left this topic die for a while.

anybody wanna help out ? Adrian, i guess you'd be the key man, since you're always between the 2 provinces.

but once again... everybody is welcome to join, it is just difficult for me to manage it for everybody at once. I just want a big successful meet.. and not with just 2 cars :)
Old 11-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
Adriaan
In between cities

Sure glad to help, Should be back in quebec the 18/19 till dec 1 unless in snows. So if anything message if you want to talk about it more at the montreal meet at the cage if its happening. I'll be all over montreal & the shore. Or we can meet next year when i come down again to get the planning started.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #10
IllusionX

alright.. let me revive that.

I came up with a day.. Actually, let me explain first.
I wanted to have the meet on July 1st (everybody should be off that day) but Canada day is a Wednesday, so people would have to leave early because of work the next day. So I say july 1st = out.

I also thought about Easter long weekend. Well, who said long weekend says 3 days. But the problem with Easter holiday is that some people have Good Friday off, and others have Easter Monday off. Actually, it's not a very big problem.. because the meet will be either Saturday or Sunday.

And finally, i find the best day would be Victoria Day weekend.. which turns out to be Saturday 16th or Sunday the 17th.

Let me know what you guys think... And i hope that Adrian is still here to help me out :P

let me repeat the choices... Let's decide on a weekend, and THEN we'll decide on either Saturday or Sunday.

1) Easter Long Weekend (April 11-12)
2) Victoria Day long weekend (May 16-17)
Old 12-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #11
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i likely wont be attending, but i say victoria day weekend. the way this winter is going, we'll still have snow april 11/12....july1st is also out for most quebecers since its their national moving day, or whatever...

id say set the meet for saturday the 16th of may....then you can come to the meet, stay late or overnight in kingston then you still have sunday/monday to do stuff w/ friends and family....

i doubt many will come who arent from southern ontario or western quebec....so it wont be more than 6 or 7h drive for even someone as far as windsor...

as a note here is what the HCMO (hardcore matrix owners) do for our big meet once or twice a year...(keep in mind we set a date that seems to work for most, often 4-6months in advance, holiday weekend or not...)

friday is roll out day, saturday is hang-out day and event day, sunday is breakfast and drive home.....it all works out great

seeing as most people wont be travelling more than 3h to meet in kingston, you can leave early, hang out in the day, go for a drive or go karting or something as a group. take some pics somewhere, do dinner, head home.

im not sure what people are expecting from this meet.....a car show? just hanging out?

when i was in ontario, id drive from london to scarborough the last saturday of every moth for the TN meet....that was a 2-2.5h drive each way.....id hang out in a parking lot talking shop for 3-5 hours and then drive home....often we'd go for dinner late....was good times

what are the expectation of people for this meet?
Old 12-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #12
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Personally, long weekends for me are usually spent at cottages or partying or whatever. A normal weekend would almost seem to work better. (But I'll try to do Victoria Day weekend if that's what it is!) I can't see myself going for a whole weekend of Yaris-talking... but if we made the meet midday (either Saturday or Sunday) then you'd have the morning to drive down, and the evening to drive back.

Also, Easter isn't great b/c I'll probably still have my winter tires & rims on then!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #13
alhope34
Spool'd

Drives: 07 yaris, 16 gen coupe rspec
I might go.
alhope34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #14
Maddman

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan (Aero)
I vote for May 24 weekend
Maddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #15
MUSKOKA800

I'll pencil it onto our calendar and start selling the scenic Kingston weekend trip to the spouce. She's got an ex-bro-in-law there that she'd talked about looking up.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #16
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....huh?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #17
teddy

Drives: 2008 5-door hatchback
Send a message via MSN to teddy
Kingston? I live in Kingston! Lots of Yarises here!
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #18
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
Could you guys also keep me in the loop about this? If the stars align and the date is good I'll try to make it
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote