Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
blitz s/c power off-boost?

has anyone contemplated the difference in the off-boost power on the blitz?

i only ask as i have a friend who just put a tte supercharger (made by blitz) from a corolla tsport onto his matrix xrs and before he got the belt/pulley stuff worked out, he threw the intake manifold on. he said lift was useless and the power was weaker than w/ the proper oem intake manifold

just wondering if anyone w/ a blitz supercharger notices much, if any, difference in power when the supercharger is in the OFF position? or if anyone who dyno'd their blitz'd yaris ran one w/o the s/c "ON", and perhaps when the car still had the "stock" intake manifold...
Old 09-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Well I haven't dyno'd with the supercharger set to "OFF." However, the car is DEFINATELY weaker than a stock yaris when set to "OFF." Especially for me because I have the 2.25" header back exhaust piping. That gives basically NO torque when the supercharger is off. Also, going from the underdrive crank pulley before I had the supercharger, to now the cranklite pulley for the supercharger, that also isn't the same as it was before the blitz kit was on. I actually felt more gain with the underdrive crank pulley oppossed to the crank lite that is recommended for the blitz kit.

Yah, it pretty much sucks when the supercharger is set to "OFF." However, I get 40 mpg when it is turned off. It's senior citizen mode once you have it set to "OFF."
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
good to know...its kinda what i figured...
Old 09-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
My car spent so little time stock but I'm not unhappy when driving with the S/C set to OFF. I shift the AT by hand with the S/C off because it is more fun.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #5
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
With the supercharger off, I would be willing to bet my 49cc scooter is faster...

Excluding the supercharger and suspension my car is basically stock so I guess I can't really complain. Its a serious bore to drive with the supercharger in the off position and it doesn't really save any gas.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Its a serious bore to drive with the supercharger in the off position and it doesn't really save any gas.
Yes it is a bore. However, I find myself getting better gas mileage with it off.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #7
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
driving home from dallas after getting the PE supercharged installed i definitely got worse gas mileage so i guess it would be kinda nice to have an "off" switch like the blitz has.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
etheliters

Drives: 07 yaris hatch
interesting.
etheliters is offline   Reply With Quote