Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #1
Ilovemyyaris

Drives: Blue 5 door hatchback Yaris
wheel hole plugs?

Idk the name of them but does anyone know how well they affect MPGs?

I tried googling this but to no avail. Has anyone ever just taken their hubcaps off and plugged the holes in the wheel? I know people have made pizza pans for hubcaps but what is the effect of just no hubcaps?
Ilovemyyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:25 AM   #2
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
Ilovemyyaris, I lost a hubcap a couple of years ago, and replaced it despite the fact Toyota wanted a ton of money for just one cap. I promised myself that if it happened again, I'd dump all of my hubcaps. Well, fast forward to a couple of months ago, and another hubcap fell off. True to my word, I dumped all of my hubcaps and couldn't be happier. Matter of fact, I wish I would have gotten rid of my hubcaps years ago. My Yaris looks great without hubcaps. Mind you, I sanded down my steelies, and primed and painted them. But your Yaris will be fine without hubcaps. They are mainly ornamental and I doubt (but am not sure) the holes in your steelies have any significant effect on your fuel efficiency. Good luck.

Last edited by bentjazz; 06-10-2019 at 05:50 AM.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote