Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Bypass Immobilizer?

I've been reading the forums, and haven't found a solid answer. My 2009 LB has the factory keyless with immobilizer. Yeah, it's great, but I don't want it. I have a high-end Viper system I'm going to be installing to replace the factory. Being in Michigan, the 1-mile range and remote start is handy (yes, even on my 5-spd), which needs to bypass the immobilizer. And before anyone asks, I also install a custom neutral safety switch just to be safe!

Question is, if I remove the factory alarm module, will the immobilizer/transponder also be bypassed? Or will I need to purchase a transponder bypass kit? Or can I bypass it without an add-on? My mom Camry, I took a key, wrapped it with 8 coils, then wrapped around the ignition, and it worked. Some other wires, but that's the basic idea.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote