Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #1
Seth Yaris Driver
I've made a post!

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Stress on Suspension

My girlfriend uses her 2010 Yaris to transport a lot of heavy tools and materials around the area as part of her job. I took the car to a shop and they told me that both the front and rear shock absorbers were leaking. The car is at 55,000 miles (and is about eight years old). So, it's not unreasonable that they wore out from age and standard use. That said, I wouldn't want to replace the shocks only to have them fail a year or two down the road because of the impact they've been experiencing. I have two questions.

First, is there some sort of performance shock absorber I should be looking at?

Second, is there any other part of the suspension I should care about?

Thanks,
Seth
Seth Yaris Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:05 AM   #2
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
If you've killed the OE shocks that quickly there probably isn't much that will survive longer. OE shocks tend to be far better quality than aftermarket. If you are sticking with the Yaris you could try stiffer springs to take up some of the load but realistically a heavier-duty vehicle may serve better.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shock absorbers, suspension, weight