Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
SD SCCA Events

I figured I'll start a forum here for the other side of the Yaris family that loves drivng slow cars fast, bsdm, broken parts and think's the guy who runs Hoosiers are overcompensating...

The guys down in the SD chapter are really easy to get ahold of and out of the four organizations there are multiple events to head out to check out and the best part of all of this is. I'll be going :D

For those of you new to the idea of auto-x (autocross/cone dodging... or cone killing), I'll explain:
An autocross is a skill driving event in which a car negotiates a prescribed course, using traffic cones to define a variety of turns. The sites are usually laid out on huge, open parking lots, or on sections of airport runways. The course is set up so that you are operating in lower gears, with a top speed of no more than 60 mph or so, depending on the car. The average time of a run on the course is approximately one minute, plus a penalty of two seconds for each rubber cone (pylon) hit. During each run, you operate your car at its limit of acceleration, turning, and braking…and yours. You maintain complete control of your car while maneuvering through the course in the lowest possible time.

While driving on the street, the time span of most emergencies is only a few seconds. Thus the experience of maintaining control becomes a valuable training session. You will develop a sense of timing, judgment, and ability to interpret your vehicle’s handling characteristics – at safe speeds and in a safe place. Your experiences at an autocross will enhance your driving ability on the street.

Link will take you to Randy Chase' wordy explanation over more FAQs -> http://sdrscca.com/solo-faqs/

If you want to join the SCCA that is a separate page. you can use myself as a reference my number is 527266
Link -> https://www.scca.com/pages/join-scca

For those of you in the LA area there is a chapter for you too, alas you can join us down here in the real Socal area ;)
For you SD-ians here is the link --> https://sdrscca.com/

To start!

April 21, 2018 w/ SCCA - San Diego Region - Solo https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...mailRegReceipt via @motorsportreg

Upcoming!
Sunday, April 22 Championship 4, SE Lot SCAT
Saturday, May 5 Practice, West Lot SCNAX
Sunday, May 6 Championship 5, West Lot SCNAX
Saturday, May 12 Novice School, SE Lot REGION
Saturday, May 26 Practice, SE Lot REGION
Sunday, May 27 Championship 6, SE Lot REGION
Saturday, June 9 Practice, West Lot TART
Sunday, June 10 Championship 7, West Lot TART
Saturday, July 7 Practice, West Lot DCCSD
Sunday, July 8 Championship 8, West Lot DCCSD
Saturday, July 21 Practice, SE Lot SCAT
Sunday, July 22 Championship 9, SE Lot SCAT

SCAT - I forget, its something like Sports Car of America
DCCSD- Datsun car club San Diego, but they'll allow anyone to race cause.. there arent that many datsuns around
TART- The Apprenticeship Racing Team (basically your "in" for getting on a team for kart racing and working up the ranks to possible indy or even f1)
SCNAX- SPORTS COMPACT NATIONAL AUTOX (biggest and most chill group)

Last edited by Runethecursed; 04-17-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Runethecursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
Runethecursed

For jokes, these are the classes in SCCA Solo Cross

Old 04-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #3
Runethecursed

Did some Skrt skrrrt Racing. Hope to see ya'll at the May 5th one, Practice session!