Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
DFCO light

Been thinking about how to help improve fuel economy, and thought a light that would trigger when DFCO hit would help a little bit, because sometimes i find i rest my foot on the pedal when i could be coasting. just a dummy light to let you know you're saving fuel.

Is this possible? i have no idea where to even begin about doing this one - i looked a little bit in the service manual but i didn't find anything... i was thinking of just using a small led since it wouldn't require much voltage to light up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
DFCO is indicated by one of the modes in the Fuel System Status OBDII PID. You would need a device to read the status from the OBD connector via CAN message to the ECM. With my YarGauge for FSS or also in MPG mode I indicate when the system is in DFCO. Devices like the ScanGauge have the ability to do so as well.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Yep, easiest way right now would be a Scangauge... It won't exactly show you that you're in DFCO, but the instant MPG's will jump up to 9999MPG, letting you know that DFCO just kicked in, yo!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
mr_miles

oh, ok :) I'll just wait till i get a scan gauge, then! as soon as i find one for a good deal, i'm buying it.

Quote:
Old 04-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
There's also the UltraGuage which does just about everything that the ScanGuage II does, but it seems like it's a little more user friendly... I don't have either, but if I was to get one or the other, I'd choose the UltraGuage.

I think you can only order them off of their site: UltraGuage

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
mr_miles

interesting....i'll have to look into this one as well.

Quote: