Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #1819
Maddog78
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Hi all I have a 2007 Yaris my girl friend has put 415 killomoters on it still been driving strong 5 speed I run each gear up then change gears each shift the next gear drags like I have it in the wrong gear
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:04 PM   #1820
hairygityeti
Sir Rustalot

Drives: Toyota Yaris silver 2000 reg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbonzo View Post
Hi all. Thinking strongly of buying a Yaris this spring.
Buy one,im one year into my first Yaris and i love it, soooo much fun!

Last edited by hairygityeti; 09-13-2017 at 05:06 PM. Reason: badly written
hairygityeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #1821
tinabee1967
Yoda

Drives: 2015 Yaris
Hi! :) My name is Tina. I am 50 year old hair stylist from SW FL and just purchased a 2015 Black Sand Yaris hatchback last night. I always wanted a car that's small and handles well, especially after trading in my beloved '95 Miata, "Cinderella". (sniff!!) She now lives in PA with a dentist that has her as a Spring/Summer garage queen, so I am happy she is living a very pampered second life as a classic car.

The car I had in the interim for only a year was a '04 Honda Civic coupe, because I needed something a little bigger and wanted a car that was a 5-speed. (I'm sorry...I don't drive automatic.) It got a little dinged up from going through Hurricane Irma. I just was not willing to put the $$ into it in order to keep it going while getting rid of the dings/dents/possible repaint. The thought of putting in a head gasket eventually and $pending money on a new tranny to fix the input shaft bearing issue was bothersome, both of which are costly weak spots in 7th gen Civics. The shaft bearing was beginning to make some noises. I hated the way the Civic handled and it always felt floaty in corners/bumps. Furthermore it had a squeaky belt that never got repaired properly. The tan interior was fugly. Good riddance. Friends don't let friends buy 7th gens.

I have seen and read so many negative reviews from "car people" about the Yaris outside of here and ignored every word. I discovered that each measly complaint is totally unwarranted. Car reviewers cannot be trusted and some of them just plain make me roll my eyes in disdain. Bottom line: The haters don't know what they are missing. This thing is a BLAST!!!I drove "Viking" home from Ft. Lauderdale on I-95 Southbound in very fast moving traffic at 10pm with constructions zones (I know....baptism by fire), and he did 80-85mph just fine, thankyouverymuch. I feel like I am a spoiled rotten, wealthy young Londoner buzzing down the side streets looking for a place to park in order to continue shopping/sip tea. I have always loved those really cool little European hatches, and now I have one.

As far as mods.... thinking about getting some red Sparco wheels from Tire Rack and a rear sway bar as well as a three point strut brace. Maybe a decent catback/exhaust. Not right away though...on down the line. The wheels will likely come first, because the stock wheel covers just don't do anything for me.

Sorry for the novel..thanks for reading! :D
tinabee1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:47 PM   #1822
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Hello and welcome. Yep the Yaris is a great little car, don't mind the haters. I would recommend the TRD rear sway bar. It's a great mod for the car and we'll worth the money IMHO. The strut brace really doesn't do anything with this chassis as the struts are designed to "float'' . The brace will have nothing to brace against.

I like that you named your car. I have as well. I can only name cars that have a personality. And this one definitely does. Also find it interesting that your car is a boy. Mine is a girl. Maybe we're both crazy.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:08 AM   #1823
tinabee1967
Yoda

Drives: 2015 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
Hello and welcome. Yep the Yaris is a great little car, don't mind the haters. I would recommend the TRD rear sway bar. It's a great mod for the car and we'll worth the money IMHO. The strut brace really doesn't do anything with this chassis as the struts are designed to "float'' . The brace will have nothing to brace against.

I like that you named your car. I have as well. I can only name cars that have a personality. And this one definitely does. Also find it interesting that your car is a boy. Mine is a girl. Maybe we're both crazy.
Thank you for the welcome! Skipping the strut brace. Thanks for that one. Back in my Miata days, naming a car was sort of a traditional thing, and this one just kind of shouted his moniker at me.

I am really digging the Sparco Trofeo wheels in red. Yeah....we are both crazy in a good way.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
tinabee1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:08 PM   #1824
Trampledunderfoot

Drives: Yaris
Hi all. I'm new here and ready to embarrass myself on the internet! I have a new-to-me '07 Yaris 4dr automatic hatchback in black after my trusty Crusty 99 Corolla's frame rusted through at just under 100k mi.

I've wanted a Yaris for a long time so I'm excited!

I'd really like to get it to sound a little more 'throaty' without doing anything major. Should I be looking at modifying the exhaust? Cold air intake? I'd like to be able to do the work myself - this is on a brutal budget.
Trampledunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #1825
Yaris709

Drives: 07 yaris
For a throaty sound I modified the airbox (removed the tube and drilled some holes throughout the bottom section of the airbox) and used a drop-in k&n air filter. It sounds pretty good!
Yaris709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:37 PM   #1826
Trampledunderfoot

Drives: Yaris
Do you still have proper air filtering with that modification?
Trampledunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #1827
DiCaprio
Just a Gaijin

Drives: 2006 Yaris 4 door 1.3l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trampledunderfoot View Post
Do you still have proper air filtering with that modification?
You do still have proper air filtering since the air still needs to go trough the filter. Don't drill any holes into the airbox behind the filter!
The only difference is that with removing the tube your engine will probably suck in more hot air rather than cold air.
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:42 AM   #1828
Badappleny
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Hello. I am new to the forum and looking to purchase a Toyota Yaris 2007 five speed. It is owned by one owner and has 150,000 miles. The car is in really good shape and well-maintained. My question is with 150,000 miles on it now how many more can I expect these cars to go. I live in the country so my mileage that I will put on it would be mostly highway. Thank you in advance!
Badappleny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:41 PM   #1829
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badappleny View Post
Hello. I am new to the forum and looking to purchase a Toyota Yaris 2007 five speed. It is owned by one owner and has 150,000 miles. The car is in really good shape and well-maintained. My question is with 150,000 miles on it now how many more can I expect these cars to go. I live in the country so my mileage that I will put on it would be mostly highway. Thank you in advance!
Welcome!

How many more miles can you expect?

A lot.

Here is a newer post and slightly older post that will give you an idea...

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59440
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...t=45522&page=7

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #1830
Type-Y

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabee1967 View Post
Hi! :) My name is Tina. I am 50 year old hair stylist from SW FL and just purchased a 2015 Black Sand Yaris hatchback last night. I always wanted a car that's small and handles well, especially after trading in my beloved '95 Miata, "Cinderella". (sniff!!) She now lives in PA with a dentist that has her as a Spring/Summer garage queen, so I am happy she is living a very pampered second life as a classic car.

The car I had in the interim for only a year was a '04 Honda Civic coupe, because I needed something a little bigger and wanted a car that was a 5-speed. (I'm sorry...I don't drive automatic.) It got a little dinged up from going through Hurricane Irma. I just was not willing to put the $$ into it in order to keep it going while getting rid of the dings/dents/possible repaint. The thought of putting in a head gasket eventually and $pending money on a new tranny to fix the input shaft bearing issue was bothersome, both of which are costly weak spots in 7th gen Civics. The shaft bearing was beginning to make some noises. I hated the way the Civic handled and it always felt floaty in corners/bumps. Furthermore it had a squeaky belt that never got repaired properly. The tan interior was fugly. Good riddance. Friends don't let friends buy 7th gens.

I have seen and read so many negative reviews from "car people" about the Yaris outside of here and ignored every word. I discovered that each measly complaint is totally unwarranted. Car reviewers cannot be trusted and some of them just plain make me roll my eyes in disdain. Bottom line: The haters don't know what they are missing. This thing is a BLAST!!!I drove "Viking" home from Ft. Lauderdale on I-95 Southbound in very fast moving traffic at 10pm with constructions zones (I know....baptism by fire), and he did 80-85mph just fine, thankyouverymuch. I feel like I am a spoiled rotten, wealthy young Londoner buzzing down the side streets looking for a place to park in order to continue shopping/sip tea. I have always loved those really cool little European hatches, and now I have one.

As far as mods.... thinking about getting some red Sparco wheels from Tire Rack and a rear sway bar as well as a three point strut brace. Maybe a decent catback/exhaust. Not right away though...on down the line. The wheels will likely come first, because the stock wheel covers just don't do anything for me.

Sorry for the novel..thanks for reading! :D
Love that first part about your old Miata living a pampered life....those Miata guys/gals are a dedicated bunch. She'll look like a track car or some type of British classic in no time.

I recently added the TRD sway bar and highly recommend it.
Type-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #1831
Taylors2007yaris
2zz Swap Dreamer!...

Drives: 07 Red 3dr 5spd
Hello I am new to this form can anybody help me download the DIY manual because when I go to it I get an error message and it will not work
Taylors2007yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #1832
Taylors2007yaris
2zz Swap Dreamer!...

diy manual link doesn't work. ..

This website sucks nothing works on here!! The download DIY manual is bogus when you try to upload a picture that's within the resolution requirements it's still says it's too big or does not work this just sucks
Old 01-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #1833
Taylors2007yaris
2zz Swap Dreamer!...

What a waste of time
Old 01-10-2018, 09:03 PM   #1834
Type-Y

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylors2007yaris View Post
What a waste of time

Patience. Try it. It's your friend (and not just here).
Type-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #1835
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Y View Post

Patience. Try it. It's your friend (and not just here).
+1

This forum has a wealth of Yaris info.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:48 PM   #1836
mmstingray

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Hiya.

Picking up an '09 sedan this week and pretty excited about it. I bought a new xB in '06 for my wife, but not before test driving a Yaris hatchback. I really dug the Yaris, but knew it wouldn't be big enough for my wife and I (we haul a LOT of stuff). But somehow, I knew I'd be buying a Yaris someday. I had so much luck with that xB, when it came time to replace my reeeeeally tired Eclipse, I knew exactly what I'd get: a used first gen xB. Well, the '06 evidently needs a new tranny-insert astronomical dollar figure here- so it just didn't make sense to hang onto it because it just hit 200k. Love that car, but fear what would be next. So, I gave my wife my '04 and I specifically sought out a Yaris this past week.

Mine's Barcelona Red, and manual. Near as I can tell, the previous owner bought a base model and loaded it with options. Everything but alloy wheels. Just buying an S may have accomplished the same, but who am I to judge. Really looking forward to ownership.