Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #19
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Sorry, I think I was a bit vague and/or don't know the right terms. I need the size of the four openings that mate to the head (inlets?). I'm assuming that they mate 1:1, but if they're different than the actual openings on the head, then measuring those would be even better. The openings should have circular sides, so those should be pretty easy to measure. I'm not sure how you'd go about referencing the bolt hole locations though.

Thanks for your help with this!

Last edited by CrankyOldMan; 10-15-2011 at 09:45 PM.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #20
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Sorry, I think I was a bit vague and/or don't know the right terms. I need the size of the four openings that mate to the head (inlets?). I'm assuming that they mate 1:1, but if they're different than the actual openings on the head, then measuring those would be even better. The openings should have circular sides, so those should be pretty easy to measure. I'm not sure how you'd go about referencing the bolt hole locations though.

Thanks for your help with this!
Ok ill get them for you!
Also be sure to follow along on Micromag for my whole fabrication process and install!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #21
flg

Drives: Silver Toyota
Just visited Micro Car Mag... Interesting. I'll have to be ck'n it out samore later.
Enough OT. I'm interested in what the head intake port dimensions and spacing are also.
I'm currently working on an exhaust header for my Yaris and hope to have something everyone looking for street performance would be interested in also. Ultimate track perf is another deal, maybe I'll get there later. The original exhaust manifold is such a joke there is little need to modify anything else first. I like the idea of purchasing the Weapon R Intake and modifying it for the Yaris, if that's the way we have to do it. An intake is alot of work compared to a header. Tunning and testing will take a while. Actually the stock intake is quite nice just a little on the small/long runner side for high rpm performance.
These are the 2 most likely components to bring good butt dyno, street performance results without further mods forced intake and piggyback ECUs etc.. But, as you can see we are being left out the cold by manufacturers. A 1 3/8 tube 12inch primary pipe header as Megon and others produce is Buls$%^t. A NA intake like the weapon R is not the best either for the everyday driver balancing MPG and foot on the floor performance. Maybe I can fill the niche?
flg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #22
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flg View Post
I'm interested in what the head intake port dimensions and spacing are also.
I found a document that listed the cylinder bore as 75mm, and the wall between cylinders as 8mm--making the cylinder pitch 83mm. As far as the opening dimensions, I still haven't heard anything back on either recent intake manifold thread. I'm hesitant to pull off my intake manifold since it's my DD, but I'm thinking about putting on my 1ZZ throttle body soon, so I may do it then.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #23
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Also be sure to follow along on Micromag for my whole fabrication process and install!
Why wouldn't it be posted right here?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #24
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
as you can see we are being left out the cold by manufacturers.
That's not true. No one has ever been able to get ten serious buyers lined up for parts like this. I mean deposit-down kind of seriousness.

I've offered many times to make the parts -- the market isn't there for some of the higher priced items, when you include design, prototyping, testing and production.

I would love to be wrong, so go for it.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #25
flg

The thing is there are several companies doing products for the Honda's etc. Doing 1 or 2 more for another model is not that big of a deal for them already having the manufacturing and distribution set up. To get started doing your first is the big hump to cross.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #26
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

There was very little support for the Hondas in 1981, when it was also five years old. I think it's an unfair comparison to the Yaris.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #27
CrankyOldMan

So did you manage to get this installed yet? I'm still struggling with the end bolt hole locations, but have the middle three pretty well sorted out.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #28
Performance Pro
Banned

Drives: 2007 yaris
Here's one 499.00

You tell them what T/B flange and year make and model a whola all done!

TBR and Golden Eagle

And their available along with new billet fuel rails! Looks like TBR and Golden Eagle are setiing the Pace for others to follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ge3.jpg (178.1 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg ge4.jpg (160.2 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg ge2.jpg (169.5 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg golden-eagle-intake-manifold-3.jpg (25.5 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg fr2.jpg (4.3 KB, 122 views)
Performance Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #29
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
I think there are too many upgraded parts for the 4EFTE Toyota starlet engine. If the manufactures will understand that our 1NZFE is a better performer (which in fact it is) than they will surely shift making the same for us!
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #30
Performance Pro
Banned

Drives: 2007 yaris
You can even send your blow-by out to this cool valve cover which is already trimmed out for a new after market fuel rail! Someone out here is thinking of the 1NZ-FE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg valvecover1.jpg (139.1 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg valvecover5.jpg (147.2 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg valvecover4.jpg (121.7 KB, 122 views)
Performance Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #31
flg

The manifold looks very impresive. We are begining to have some choices. Care to give dyno pull results with a stock motor header and good exhaust? I'm not sure we've seen that for the Weapon R counterpart but it is an alternative.