Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 AM   #37
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!

Drives: '09 3DR "S"|'87 Caddy Brougham
Send a message via MSN to computerlove87
I will take some pics when i get it up on the lift to install the new stuff. Can't wait to get rid of the unbalanced washing machine in my trunk. LOL

Please ignore the Ferrari
computerlove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #38
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
That doesn't sound very good then. Was it a mounting issue or a design issue with the system? Did you mate the mid pipe and exhaust with your stock headers or did you use something else? Is your car lowered or stock height? Is it banged up beyond usability or, if planning on throwing away anyway, would you be interested selling cheaply to an interested buyer? :)

Thanks!
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:13 AM   #39
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!

Drives: '09 3DR "S"|'87 Caddy Brougham
Send a message via MSN to computerlove87
It is not a design issue per se, it is just that the muffler is a universal muffler welded to pipe that has been bent to fit the car, the muffler is simply wayyyyy too big for the car. I am just cutting off the muffler and welding in a replacement, the piping itself is great. My setup is that I have an OBX header, then my stock cats and resonator, then the obx exhaust kit from the resonator back. I am lowered on progress in the front, cut stock springs in the back; however, no matter what suspension you have, it doesn't change the fact that the muffler is too huge for the car. The caddy has needed a new muffler for a long time, so I am going to see if I can fit this one in there

Please ignore the Ferrari
computerlove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #40
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Thanks for the info! After talking to a friend/co-worker about what he thought about the product and he pretty much asked me a simple question. "Why don't you just go to a muffler place and have then bend you a tube from the cat back and slap a better muffler on it?" Might be cheaper and better than a full exhaust system.... I drive by a muffler place every weekday on my way home from work and never thought of that.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote