Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
The Nitrous Thread

I'm going to be purchasing the Holdener manifold with nitrous bungs. There are a few problems with this...

[1] I have never owned a tuned car, let alone a car that had nitrous.
[2] The Yaris is my daily driver and has to be for another 24 months.
[3] I've never installed nitrous, nor do I know anything about system maintenance
[4] There is very, very little in the way of documented experiences with nitrous on this platform

Having rattled all of that off, lets make this thread the end-all for those of us looking to put nitrous on a Yaris.

Correct me if I am wrong... the bungs on the manifold are set up for a wet system, correct? There are three types of systems: dry, wet, and direct port. Dry systems inject through the intake or filter, wet systems in the manifold and direct port systems have ports on the head that inject straight into the cylinders. So, this is a wet system.

Things we will need/want... a remote bottle opener, a purge kit, a switch to turn the system on, a window switch, a button to activate a "shot." Am I missing something? Obviously this isn't all necessary, but we're talking a full system here.

Also, this will require tuning, right? What are our options here? AFAIK the only thing we need to worry about is tuning the A/F ratio with a nitrous system, correct?

I'll have a zillion more questions as time goes by. Lets get the conversation rolling now, though. Knowledge is POWER!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote