Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #55
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Keep us updated Alex and Astro...

I saw reviews of it on TV and I love the whole menu/multiple window flipping...although its a straight copy off of the XBox 360 LIVE menu system...but nonetheless, something new I can play around with.....
Old 10-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #56
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
I just bought a new HP desktop a few weeks ago, and any computer that has been bought in the last like 7 months I think qualifies for a free Windows 7 upgrade ... I'm just waiting for ours to come in the mail. I will be SO excited to drop Vista ... the POS....
Old 10-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #57
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

JBougie...you just took a snapshot of the UPC or your receipt and uploaded it to the website, correct? To get the free upgrade? Kind of confused about that, which to take a snapshot of~
Old 10-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #58
Mateo

Drives: Blazing blue 08 LB
I was a die hard XP user, refused to have a vista machine. After my 5+ year old custom built gaming rig died on me, I was glad to find the MSI Wind that I did was still shipping with XP. Took advantage of the student copy of 7 " thanks OP" and have to say Im completely in love with 7. For $29 its a steal but if I had to pay full price I would still be on XP as we speak.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #59
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
JBougie...you just took a snapshot of the UPC or your receipt and uploaded it to the website, correct? To get the free upgrade? Kind of confused about that, which to take a snapshot of~
They give you the option of letting them take your serial number information, so I just allowed them to do that - so they connected automatically and scanned for the info they needed. Otherwise, you have to find the seirial number area on the back of the computer - I don't know what else they wanted since I didn't really pay attention after they did it automatically.

You just need to scan a copy of the receipt. You have the option to mail it in if you don't have a scanner - but if you take a really good picture of it so that it's clear it will work also.

I don't know what site you used, but if you have an HP - this is the site I used, just in case we are talking about two completely different processes :)

http://www.hp.com/united-states/cons...ade/index.html
Old 10-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #60
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
I was a die hard XP user, refused to have a vista machine. After my 5+ year old custom built gaming rig died on me, I was glad to find the MSI Wind that I did was still shipping with XP. Took advantage of the student copy of 7 " thanks OP" and have to say Im completely in love with 7. For $29 its a steal but if I had to pay full price I would still be on XP as we speak.
I am really happy to hear that ... Vista is such a fail :/ I LOVED it at first ... then the problems started ... with just about everything. The most annoying issue I had was that it refused to connect to my wireless network saying that weren't any available. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to connect ... so now I have ethernet cords running all through my house lol
Old 10-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #61
2+2

Drives: 09 3Dr Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
Mac guys shouldn't get too comfortable with the whole "we don't get viruses" thing... The more popular an OS gets, the more it becomes a target for malicious programmers (yes, that will apply to Linux eventually as well).
I agree completely but I do wonder about one thing. Wouldn't the bragging rights of bringing down a bunch of macs inspire the script kiddies to go after them? It's like windows is so easy why bother? But maybe attacking Linux is too much like work?

As for upgrading to 7 I dunno. I'm getting a kick out of spending nothing on my home pc. It's been a long time coming. But if losing cable tv and switching to something like hulu starts to look promising then I would think 7 coupled with the right hardware would be worth considering.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #62
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
They give you the option of letting them take your serial number information, so I just allowed them to do that - so they connected automatically and scanned for the info they needed. Otherwise, you have to find the seirial number area on the back of the computer - I don't know what else they wanted since I didn't really pay attention after they did it automatically.

You just need to scan a copy of the receipt. You have the option to mail it in if you don't have a scanner - but if you take a really good picture of it so that it's clear it will work also.

I don't know what site you used, but if you have an HP - this is the site I used, just in case we are talking about two completely different processes :)

http://www.hp.com/united-states/cons...ade/index.html
I think the site i had to go on was different. I bought a HP Pavillion dv4 laptop..but somehow it couldn't automatically get my serial numbers, so i sat there putting all that in

Thanks for tip..I'll take a good picture of my whole receipt since i dont own a scanner.....can't wait to try it out. Vista can't even start-up right, i had to hold down power key to start it up and then recovery mode...wtf?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #63
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2 View Post
I agree completely but I do wonder about one thing. Wouldn't the bragging rights of bringing down a bunch of macs inspire the script kiddies to go after them? It's like windows is so easy why bother? But maybe attacking Linux is too much like work?

As for upgrading to 7 I dunno. I'm getting a kick out of spending nothing on my home pc. It's been a long time coming. But if losing cable tv and switching to something like hulu starts to look promising then I would think 7 coupled with the right hardware would be worth considering.
Hackers are looking to create as much havoc as they can so it makes sense that they go after the largest user base. There isn't a consumer OS in existence that can't be hacked or afflicted with a virus. The fact that Mac's and Linux/Unix don't get hit so much is just a numbers game.

There's a rumor that Hulu will begin charging for content. If so, they'll lose all their users in one fell swoop.

My version of 7 is on it's way but I'll still keep an XP version running for some games that run best on XP.
Closed Thread