Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #37
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
there is a guy that i have as a landscaping client that got a a bad batch of acid in Hs that has permanent violent moodswings and issues. the cops are at his house at least 2-3 times a month and he even tried to burn his parents house down last summer.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #38
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Point 1 -

Doing any drug is no different than skydiving, drag racing your yaris, drinking alcohol, dirt bike riding, eating poisonous blowfish, bungee jumping, or thousand of other legal activities done by millions of americans every day. Everything I listed A)releases neurotransmitters in your brain altering your mood, B)has some chance of death, that is C)decreased by legalization which leads to regulation.

Why is skydiving legal and doing acid illegal?

Point 2 -

No hallucinogen has been proven to "make you go crazy" from one properly regulated dose. If your doctor gave you 50,000 mg of morphine instead of 50, you would be dead just as sure as if you went from 300 micrograms to 300,000 micrograms of acid.

Please, if someone has scientific evidence of someone going permanently insane from a single properly dosed hit of any hallucinogen, do share.

Point 3 -

As TLyttle pointed out, prohibition proved why making things illegal just doesn't work. All that happens is the final product becomes unregulated and dangerous, and a commodity giving gangs power. Did you know prostitution is legal in Nevada, outside of Clark county? And that this has lowered the spread of STDs through...(you guessed it) regulation.

Point 4 -

What a person does or does not like or personally condone can never be the basis for law. We would have a million times the millions of laws we already have, and billions of contradictory laws. The only true basis for law should only ever be to prevent harm from coming to a person. Make laws against driving under the influence of drugs. Make it 20 years first offense, alcohol included. I have no problem with that. But the fact is a person doing drugs in their own home is their decision, and if they aren't hurting you, why should it be illegal? As I alluded to above, having drugs illegal in fact creates a less safe situation. THE ONLY, I repeat, ONLY reason we still have massive gangs in America is because drugs are illegal. Past, present, future - mafia, mexican mafia, MS13, crips, bloods - every single gang throughout American history has been powered by the sale and importation of illegal drugs or alcohol during prohibition. And then we have the brilliance to spend trillions of dollars a year fighting the gangs we created and the drugs which were on the planet before us.....

Last edited by supmet; 10-26-2009 at 04:23 PM.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #39
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
So then you be the exemplar to this generation: perhaps if you knew a few more of the street people by their former first names you would not speak with such uniformed bravado. Your opinions are founded not founded in knowledge, wisdom or experience, but conjecture. You be the star that burns brightly, but much too fast. Good luck Sid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPzMk_p3OMI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhYPc_C2qsg

Last edited by Bob Dog; 10-26-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #40
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Sure, and if the US was fighting a few less wars, they could be able to afford to treat those who fell under the wheels of ILLEGAL drugs. Now, we just let them live and die on the streets, minds so screwed up, still in the grip of the suppliers, man that works well.

Many other countries have legalised drugs (and prostitution) without driving themselves into some horrible decay, as described by the Bible thumpers and legislators with supporters in the enforcement trade... Just legalise and regulate this stuff.
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #41
Thej3sta2

Drives: Soon to be LFA
hey hey hey weed isnt that bad cmon.

LSD on the other hand is a disaster waiting to happen
Old 10-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #42
AmyV
she was an American girl

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB, 67 Fairlane 500
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyV
Dropping LSD automatically disqualifies you from a lot of goverment jobs. It is classified similarly to being hypnotized (which also disqualifies): relapse can occur at any time with no warning.

Be careful out there.
AmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #43
supmet
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyV View Post
Dropping LSD automatically disqualifies you from a lot of goverment jobs. It is classified similarly to being hypnotized (which also disqualifies): relapse can occur at any time with no warning..
So if you take it they fire you, but if they give it to you secretly its fine... got it...

"In United States v. Stanley 483 U.S. 669 (1987), the United States Supreme Court found that a serviceman could not file a tort action against the federal government, even though the government secretly administered doses of LSD to the serviceman as part of an experimental program, because his injuries were found by the lower court to be service-related."

Here's a question. When was the last time you heard of someone becoming addicted to LSD, mushrooms, salvia, or any other hallucinogens(meth and heroin laced ecstasy doesn't count)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thej3sta2 View Post
LSD on the other hand is a disaster waiting to happen
Please explain... personally I feel 10,000 alcohol related deaths a year is pretty disastrous.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:04 PM   #44
Thej3sta2

So you dont think taking lsd is a ticking timebomb. If you dont believe me, your probably a user. There is nothing to explain, its as clear as day Capt. Obvious

Of course Alcoholism is getting out of control. Dui's are killing more. And We cant do aything about it.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #45
Thej3sta2

Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
So if you take it they fire you, but if they give it to you secretly its fine... got it...

"In United States v. Stanley 483 U.S. 669 (1987), the United States Supreme Court found that a serviceman could not file a tort action against the federal government, even though the government secretly administered doses of LSD to the serviceman as part of an experimental program, because his injuries were found by the lower court to be service-related."

Here's a question. When was the last time you heard of someone becoming addicted to LSD, mushrooms, salvia, or any other hallucinogens(meth and heroin laced ecstasy doesn't count)

Please explain... personally I feel 10,000 alcohol related deaths a year is pretty disastrous.
Man Dopies/users always get so Excited to talk about why their not addicted.

Did you really spend time looking for a Case file about LSD. Wew time to go outside and work on your yaris.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #46
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Careful, everybody. This thread was going real well.
We don't want to start a pissing contest now.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #47
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
I think what he was saying by
Quote:
(meth and heroin laced ecstasy doesn't count)
is
Quote:
excluding meth and heroin laced extasy
at least I read it that way.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:11 PM   #48
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
all narcotics should be legalized and taxed. If people want to kill themselves let them.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #49
Mateo

Drives: Blazing blue 08 LB
I see hallucinogens as a tool, a lot can be learned and things can become clear. They are something that needs to be used in moderation and in the right mind set. They call using hallucinogens "trips" for a reason, they have a beginning, middle and more importantly an end. To me its the end that is important and that you use it as a learning experience. Hallucinogens are far from a recreational drug.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #50
supmet
Banned

Quote:
So you dont think taking lsd is a ticking timebomb. If you dont believe me, your probably a user. There is nothing to explain, its as clear as day Capt. Obvious
Its clear as day to the reefer madness generation. But to those who have talked to 100s of people who have done LSD, its not so clear. I think daily use of prescriptions(xanax, ritalin, etc) is far more dangerous than occasional use of LSD and mushrooms.

Quote:
Of course Alcoholism is getting out of control. Dui's are killing more. And We cant do aything about it.
Nothing we can do about it? Do you think people would drive drunk if you faced 10-20 years in jail first offense? Or what if they took your license and never gave it back?

Quote:
Man Dopies/users always get so Excited to talk about why their not addicted.

Did you really spend time looking for a Case file about LSD. Wew time to go outside and work on your yaris.
lol. I'm very addicted to cigarettes, weed, and caffeine. I was just pointing out that hallucinogens aren't really addictive, because your brain needs time to regenerate serotonin.

And I've known about US vs stanley for quite some time.. I think its interesting that the government was using LSD at all, and then that a soldier has no rights to their own body.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #51
Thej3sta2

I used to be enlisted and i had full control of my body. But if the military did ask me to smoke a bunch of weed (pineapple Express) hell the fudge yeah i would do it. No need to control me their the joints already in my mouth.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #52
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
I'm with supmet on the license thing: kill someone, never, ever, drive again. The fact is, that is the honorable thing to do, regardless of the law. If one gets caught driving drunk, I don't think they should drive again for a couple of years, but they can't build enough jails to hand every one hard time. Lots of community service sounds good, though!
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #53
chongopants
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to chongopants Send a message via MSN to chongopants
very bad stuff, if you are thinking about doing it just look up "salvia bad trip" on youtube, dont do it! especially with out a spotter!
chongopants is offline   Reply With Quote