Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #37
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
ya...i have people ask me if i have a floor board or if i power the car like fred flinstone....lol. mostly guys from work, but when they ask me how good MPG it gets n they hit the floor. i'm around 39-40 right now, and it's jsut about bone stock. i want aluminum wheels and i'll be doing the grounding kit soon.

any way, i'm hoping that a reduction in unsprung weight will help a lot...rotating mass as well. as well as less resistance in current/voltage so the alternator will be kicking in less. less demand on alt should free up a little power and fuel economy
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #38
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
I could care less what anyone thinks of my car. I enjoy it, it was cheap, I get great mileage from it, and it's fun in the corners. I've had a WRX, Evo, Gti, etc. They are all fun, but end up costing big bucks in one way or another (usually at the pump, and insurance). The Yaris gets me from A to B with a smile on my face, and with extra money in my bank account :)
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #39
AmyV
she was an American girl

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB, 67 Fairlane 500
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyV
I work with a bunch of people who drive Lexus, Mercedes, and BMW. So I get the look daily from them.

But I've also gotten this comment from people I work with: "Man, you know really know cars and you drive a Yaris?" ....... pause....... "They must be good cars then."

Damn straight they are
AmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #40
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyV View Post
I work with a bunch of people who drive Lexus, Mercedes, and BMW. So I get the look daily from them.

But I've also gotten this comment from people I work with: "Man, you know really know cars and you drive a Yaris?" ....... pause....... "They must be good cars then."

Damn straight they are
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #41
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
I have the greatest one for you all today. I was dealing with the usual bs traffic today. Anyway it eventually starts to clear up. A lifted Dodge Ram with dual stacks pulls into the slow lane to get past someone doing 10 under in the fast lane. He is cruising there for a while and I get room to get over in the slow lane and I speed up to get past slow traffic. He looks back when I get over and then I speed up and get in the fast lane to pass him. This truck had everything redneck you could think of. Anyway as I passed him my passeneger said he leaned out the window to look down and forward as I passed him. I was told the driver had the look of "what the hell was that little thing that just passed me" when I went by. I laughed because I looked in my rearview in time to see his head still out the window looking at me.

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
RHDVIPbB is offline   Reply With Quote