Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
abelh1975

Drives: 2007 yaris 4dr sedan
Power Locks

Perhaps a Toyota guru can give me some tips on how to fix this issue:

My driver side front door will not close when I press the key lock. The same happens even when I try to lock it manually with the key, dumb lock lol. Any ideas Yaris freaks out there
abelh1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Neurotic Hapi Snak

Drives: 2011 Yaris 3dr
Are you saying if you lock the door while it's open, the door will not latch shut?

On my car it won't allow to lock the car with either door open.
Neurotic Hapi Snak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
abelh1975

Unhappy power lock

Hi,

The latch doesn't shut. I close the door all the doors and they latch shut. Only the driver side front door doesn't latch shut. When I hit the key I see the mechanism move back and forth but it don't latch shut.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
It latches fine when not locked, but won't latch when locked? If so, I would start by lubricating the latch mechanism at the edge of the door. If that doesn't help, you will have to remove the lock to examine it further.

One other thing to check is when the door is locked, does the pull handle on the inside feel the same as the other doors?
Old 10-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
abelh1975

Door will not latch when locked.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
redroxs
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris
hey all - new to this forum and have a similar problem. My front passenger door of my Yaris does not latch when i lock them with my power lock on my key. I have to always tell the passenger to manually lock the door as they exit. Kind of embarrassing. However, all other doors lock with my power locks. Even when I'm in the car and we are driving and I try to lock all doors with from the driver side, my passenger side door does not lock. I'm trying to figure out what the actual problem is and how to resolve it without spending tons of dollars at the dealership.
Many thanks in advance!
redroxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroxs View Post
hey all - new to this forum and have a similar problem. My front passenger door of my Yaris does not latch when i lock them with my power lock on my key. I have to always tell the passenger to manually lock the door as they exit. Kind of embarrassing. However, all other doors lock with my power locks. Even when I'm in the car and we are driving and I try to lock all doors with from the driver side, my passenger side door does not lock. I'm trying to figure out what the actual problem is and how to resolve it without spending tons of dollars at the dealership.
Many thanks in advance!
It could be that the lock actuator is bad or the wiring to it is damaged, or the mechanical cable between the lock lever and the actuator is bound. The first thing to do would be to take off the door panel on that side and get a look at the wiring and the cable. If that all look OK, you would then want to unplug the connector from the actuator and measure the voltage on the connector while power locking the doors. If you see the pulse on that connector then you will know for sure that the actuator is bad. The actuator is part of the door lock/latch assembly, so you would need to replace that entire assembly.