Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
yaris9876

Drives: yaris hatch 07 640K original m
fuel siphon

I changed the injectors and the fuel filter in my hatch 1.5.
what a pain. You know how the fuel line from the rail goes around a sharp turn thru that part of the casting that sticks out on the corner..you cant get the rail assembly to position itself easily.... I cut off that knob with a hack saw and it made it much easier.
When I turn the starter now it takes several seconds to get it firing... it used to fire immediately. Somehow I think the gas is siphoning back down the fuel line from the injectors after shutdown..is that because there is a tiny air leak somewhere in the assembly maybe the fuel basket,..???
I know its almost impossible to get those hard black plastic hoses on the basket when you change the filter....can we substitute some other kind of hose for that run from the filter to the top of the basket??? something easier to attach...if there is a tiny pressure leak there it might pull the gas back down into the tank,no???the pressure would go the direction of
release and it would siphon pulling all the gas in the line with it,,no??
what do you think??
yaris9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #2
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
well if you had an external leak, I would think when you shut off the engine, pressure would push fuel out the leak, and you would smell it.
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #3
yaris9876

Drives: yaris hatch 07 640K original m
the leak is most likely in the fittings that are in the basket which is in the fuel tank. So it wouldnt be smelly. I might end up replacing the hose in there but its not that bad.
yaris9876 is offline   Reply With Quote