Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2017, 02:19 AM   #1
komichal

Drives: Yaris 2007 1.3 2SZFE 64kW
Question Anyone changed clutch?

Hi fams,
I bought Yaris 2007 (2SZ-FE 64kW) few years ago and so far it goes fine, except for the clutch, from the moment I bought it it has been quite tough to press and now it is even tougher (especially when I was driving some other car for a month).
The clutch itself is not slipping though. Maybe a change would help? The car now has almost 100,000 miles (I am responsible for half of it).
The garages around want 450 USD for this job (incl. everything) while the clutch set (Luk or Valeo) costs around 140 USD here. That would be quite a lot of money to save (even if I pour in a new gearbox oil which currently has only 10,000 miles).
The ultimate question is - can this job be done without any special equipment? I have done some stuff on my own already (spark plugs, oil+filter, brake pads, brake rotors, coolant...) but I sense that the clutch change may be waaay harder. The last thing I would like to end up with is a car torn apart with myself crying over it...
Thank you for all your thoughts.
komichal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, yaris