Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #37
lasermn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris; 4 dr Sedan
Pressure Wash Radiators

I can't believe NO one on this thread has told anyone that the FIRST thing a person needs to do IF the a/c isn't putting out 40º air at the center air output on the dashboard ……is to remove the bumper & pressure wash & scrub clean all the dirt & bugs that have accumulated on the radiators.

WITHOUT proper air flow across the radiator, no a/c is going to put out the cold air it is capable of putting out.

My a/c at present is putting out 50º air, I've visually inspected the radiators & they are clogged with bug guts & dirt.

I'm going to clean the radiators, something I can easily do & then re check the temperature output. IF that doesn't lower the air output to 40º, then & only then will I take it to a dealership & pay for them to fix the problem as I have neither the equipment nor inclination to start removing or replacing a/c parts/hoses.
lasermn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #38
evawebb

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
I know this thread is old, and I haven't read all of the comments, so I don't know if my experience has already been covered by another person. I had a similar problem with the AC not blowing very cold in my 07 Yaris. The first thing I did was go to check the filter behind the glovebox. When I removed the glovebox, I found that there was no cabin filter there. I guess they do not come standard. Because there was no cabin filter, a couple of napkins had gotten sucked into the round plastic thingy (don't know what that is, sorry), and it was impeding the air flow. So I cleaned out the napkins, installed a cabin filter, and the problem was fixed. It sounds like the issue with the op was not so simple, but figured I'd mention it for others who may be experiencing the same problem.
evawebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:00 PM   #39
rningonfumes

Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
Actually, I had this problem. I thought something was wrong with my fan. When I actually looked into the weird noise, I found a napkin had been sucked into the fan compartment.

I was very thankful for the "cheap(er)" fix.