Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
billfires

Drives: 2010 3dr LB
2 months with 2010 3dr LB

I've put nearly 4000 miles on my 2010 3dr LB and love the 40+ mpg. I bought the 3dr because it was an internet special for $11,990 with the convenience pkg, cold weather pkg and carpeted mats. I work 2 days a week at the fire station with a total weekly commute of 6 miles. I have taken no trips longer than 65 miles.
I thought the 3dr would be fine as i am alone probably 75% of the time and have only have one other passenger the other 25%. No one has been in the back seat. I like the look of the 3dr and the size of the doors but think that it would have been more practical with the 5dr.
Some things that drive me nuts about the car are the 1 speed intermitent wipers, the blind spot out the rear pillars, and the discontinuance of the DRLs.
Planned mods include winter floor mats, snow tires on thier own wheels, Garm's fog lights, a louder horn, and a center console. The other mods will be for off duty responses and include a wig wag (alternating) headlight flasher, red Whelen LEDs in the grille and some type of rear warning lights.
I switched to full synthetic oil at 2000 miles and will change the transaxle to synthetic as well. Bill C
billfires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Welcome to the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfires View Post
No one has been in the back seat. I like the look of the 3dr and the size of the doors but think that it would have been more practical with the 5dr.
You can remove the rear seat, which will improve MPGs if driven conservatively. The 3 door Yaris is better for that kind of mod (for obvious reasons).

Quote:
Some things that drive me nuts about the car are the 1 speed intermitent wipers, the blind spot out the rear pillars
The wiper issue can be fixed by swapping the stalk (check the DIY section). The blind spot issue is not that bad IMHO, especially when compared to other cars, but there are various ways to get around that...

Quote:
, and the discontinuance of the DRLs.
You mean that you car didn't come with DRLs? That's actually pretty common outside the US, although I think you are required to have them by law. I don't really see the point in having them, but I guess you could get a used DRL module for cheap from someone who switched to HIDs.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
mryaris

Drives: 2010 Carmine Red hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
You mean that you car didn't come with DRLs? That's actually pretty common outside the US, although I think you are required to have them by law. I don't really see the point in having them, but I guess you could get a used DRL module for cheap from someone who switched to HIDs.
They discontinued them on 2010 models. My '09 had them and my '10 does not. I removed the trim and looked for the "plug" for the module but it is nowhere to be found. Toyota literally did away with everything DRL related.

I sort of like DRL's myself, but did find them irritating at night when you're trying to be stealth while leaving the house.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mryaris View Post

I sort of like DRL's myself, but did find them irritating at night when you're trying to be stealth while leaving the house.
LOL
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote