Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-05-2016, 04:07 AM   #1
Littleloz2016
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Amber engine warning light

Hello,
I have a 2003 Toyota Yaris Verso estate and the amber engine light came on a few weeks ago. I took it to a Toyota garage and on the way there, the light went out. They ran some tests and couldn't find any fault but suggested an oil change since this was overdue. The light did not return until yesterday. Could anyone please offer me some advice.

Many thanks :-)
Littleloz2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:44 AM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
You are throwing an intermittent fault of some sort. With many faults, the check engine light will reset if the fault does not reoccur within a specific time/run cycle parameter. Hence, the light going off on the way to dealership, and since it is intermittent in nature, has subsequently reappeared.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:21 PM   #3
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Had that on my car, the diagnostic OBD2 code said it was to do with evaporation control system,with my 10 year old car i choose to ignore the warning.
If the light was flashing it would be a more important issue.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #4
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Drives: '09 3-door 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Had that on my car, the diagnostic OBD2 code said it was to do with evaporation control system,with my 10 year old car i choose to ignore the warning.
If the light was flashing it would be a more important issue.
Your issue could be as simple as the gas cap not being screwed in all the way. The light coming on and off doesn't mean it's important, it means it's intermittent.

Your car is still newer than the average car on the road, which is 11.5 years old in both the U.S. and Canada. Stay on top of any issues that come up, and it will stay on the road much longer than that.
scratchpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote