Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
jtown

Drives: Yaris
Radio stays on, doors won't lock

I've had a weird problem with my '08 sedan for a few weeks now. It's very consistent and seems weird but it's easy to describe...

When I turn the key to off, the stereo stays on for around 5-10 seconds then turns off. I haven't timed it exactly but it's in that range. It stays on even if I remove the key completely. Also, if I get out right away and close the door, the doors won't respond to the lock signal immediately. That's pretty much it. It's not a "sometimes" thing. Happens every single time I shut off the car.

Oddly, it seems that the faster I get out and try to lock the car, the longer the delay before it will lock. If I go straight from running to off, out, and clicking the lock button on the key, it can be as long as 20 seconds before the doors will respond to the lock signal. If I wait until the radio shuts off then get out and close the door, it will lock immediately.

Has anyone else experienced this?
jtown is offline   Reply With Quote