Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > New England
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
KittenRD

Drives: Metallic Meteorite Liftback
Send a message via AIM to KittenRD
December 15

I ordered my yaris LB on August 15th. My story is as follows:
I called up to check on the status of my car a week ago. I found out that the saleswoman I was dealing w/ wasn't working there anymore....the manager I talked to seemed to be confused and did not know about my order or something. I faxed them a copy of my order and then called to verify they received it. This manager said he is "aware of the situation"...situation???? Luckily, I received a call that night from my new salesman. He said there is a car in allocation which is essentially the one I ordered. The dealership is trading the car they are getting in for this one. I won't know until closer to the date what it actually has. I'm hoping that I have more options as opposed to less! Here is what I ordered for options:
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Power Package
  • Keyless Entry
  • Spoiler
  • ABS
I ordered meteorite, but have black as my second options. This has been quite an ordeal getting one, but it will be worth it! It is scheduled to come in December 15th.
KittenRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
Lowfront

Drives: Yaris Sedan
nice, ya I had a hard time with my order. Sales man every month tried to get me to break down and get this one or that one. But hanged on and got exactly what I wanted after 3 months.
Lowfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #3
ultimatehipster

Drives: Bayou Blue 5-speed L/B
Hang in there Kitten! I was stressed waiting for mine and didn't really believe the "order/allocation" was real but I got what I ordered so I have faith you will too. It's just so frustrating to wait, on top of it you have had the salesman turnover! I hope you get exactly what you want. I wish I had ordered mine with ABS but have read and experienced the "old style" brakes and they seem just fine. I'm at about 600 miles and still getting used to the gas pedal angle and lack of telescoping wheel which tires my right leg when I commute from NH to Salem MA every day. Wish we had cruise control as a standard on our Yaris'. Well, I still love it!!! Keep us posted on your progress. :)
ultimatehipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Wow, you have waited a long time, I hope they give you exactly what you want.

Toyota allocates cars to dealers every other week, so hopefully you will get yours soon.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:20 AM   #5
KittenRD

Drives: Metallic Meteorite Liftback
Send a message via AIM to KittenRD
Thanks. I think the originaly saleswoman I was dealing w/ did not put in the order. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the car has extra options!
KittenRD is offline   Reply With Quote