Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #19
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
ok tech stream has been plugged and got code b1423 which is referring to pressure sensor.. there could be a couple of thing that can be wrong but this doesnt pin point the issue.. cant check pressure since compressor wont turn on might need to jump it.. where to start???

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #20
09sedan

Drives: 2009 yaris sedan
Replace the pressure sensor?? Lol
09sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #21
marcus
toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09sedan View Post
Replace the pressure sensor?? Lol
im pretty much going this route... 1 step at a time.. sigh

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
Old 12-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
ADRIAANX

Drives: YARIS SEDAN
got one for u how can i get it to u
ADRIAANX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #23
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
before replacing the pressure switch try to jump it and create a false pressure reading. Did this on a Ford F550 once. as long as the yaris is a Normally open switch it should create the false reading.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #24
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
before replacing the pressure switch try to jump it and create a false pressure reading. Did this on a Ford F550 once. as long as the yaris is a Normally open switch it should create the false reading.
It is not a switch, but rather a pressure transducer. To bypass it you would need to provide the correct resistance for the pressure you are trying to emulate.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #25
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
^thats disapointing......

Marcus, I just the date your original post, how did it end up going?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #26
07HBYaris

Drives: Yaris HB 2007
similar ac problem

I have an 2007 hb yaris, and my ac went last summer ('12)and still is. My ac problems are exactly as Marcus's. I am wondering if you got any progress?

My friend and his avionics teacher checked my ac out and the guys told me that I have a faulty compressor clutch.

I read a post about a 2000 echo ac compressor started working by removing a spacer from the pulley. but that car's seven years older.
07HBYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #27
marcus
toyota

sorry i never tried to fix mine mostlikely its the high pressure sensor but try jumping the compressor directly off the battery if it works then its not the compressor.. mine did so im shooting for the high pressure sensor which i do have but requires to vacuum the line to install it....good luck..

Old 06-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #28
07HBYaris

Thxs for the reply. can you give me a few pointers to connecting the battery straight to the compressor? This summer hasnt been to bad yet so I'm still good to figure it out myself.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #29
07HBYaris

So I got my ac looked at again. The shop hooked it up to an ac machine and it worked once. Next they replaced the expansion valve. That didn't do anything. They checked a lot of the electrical stuff but to no avail. They are pointing to ac compressor now. The above posts claim that there is no relay for the ac compressor but I was looking on rock auto and there is one for it under relays....
Old 06-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #30
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07HBYaris View Post
So I got my ac looked at again. The shop hooked it up to an ac machine and it worked once. Next they replaced the expansion valve. That didn't do anything. They checked a lot of the electrical stuff but to no avail. They are pointing to ac compressor now. The above posts claim that there is no relay for the ac compressor but I was looking on rock auto and there is one for it under relays....
There is a relay for the blower, but not for the compressor. The compressor is directly driven by the AC ECU.

With them saying the compressor is bad, do they think the clutch is not pulling in, or is it pulling in, but the compressor does not create pressure?

You can do a quick test of the compressor by applying 12V to the green wire of the compressor. I would not run it for long that way, but in 30 seconds you should be able to see if it then generates cold air. If it does, then I would say that the AC ECU is bad.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #31
marcus
toyota

update on my issue... recently went to ac service and was told its completely empty..refilled it with dye but still no leak showing its been 2 weeks and i still got a/c,, how long does it take to lose the ac if its leaking..i figured it should be gone in a week..

Old 08-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #32
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
update on my issue... recently went to ac service and was told its completely empty..refilled it with dye but still no leak showing its been 2 weeks and i still got a/c,, how long does it take to lose the ac if its leaking..i figured it should be gone in a week..
With a slow leak it can take quite a while. I had a car that would lose its charge over the winter, but once recharged in the spring, it would be fine until the fall.