Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-24-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
DKN-YARIS

Drives: YARIS HB
Going on 2+ yrs with Zage Turbo+FIC and no issues...how is everyone else doing?

Been a while since I've last had a chance to login and wanted to see how everyone was doing and if anyone else running a Zage turbo kit has been doing as well??? I had been in some talks with a few members a while back with their installs and some problems with getting the car to run and wanted to see how that was going as well?

Been running now 2+ years on the out of the box setup and only had to change my exhaust manifold studs to ARP extended ones due to a small leak when the engine is cold.

Tracked the car probably 15+ times with no issues, no knocking and engine is still running strong at 7psi as a DD.
DKN-YARIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
BoostedTRD

Drives: 09 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN-YARIS View Post
Been a while since I've last had a chance to login and wanted to see how everyone was doing and if anyone else running a Zage turbo kit has been doing as well??? I had been in some talks with a few members a while back with their installs and some problems with getting the car to run and wanted to see how that was going as well?

Been running now 2+ years on the out of the box setup and only had to change my exhaust manifold studs to ARP extended ones due to a small leak when the engine is cold.

Tracked the car probably 15+ times with no issues, no knocking and engine is still running strong at 7psi as a DD.
Wow Congrats, that's good to hear. What did you use to tune it? Are you running boomslang with AEM FIC?
BoostedTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
kou

Drives: 08 lb
Running over a year 10psi daily driver only a wastegate actuator issue which was replaced with a nissan juke actuator all is good but my stock clutch is starting to go.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #4
DKN-YARIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedTRD View Post
Wow Congrats, that's good to hear. What did you use to tune it? Are you running boomslang with AEM FIC?
BoostedTRD: I tuned my car with the FIC and yes, I'm running the Bloomslang harness. The only issue I had was the combination between the different firmwares for the FIC which was causing my car to stall when coming to a near stop. I corrected that by changing the mapping from 0-1500rpm to 0 to allow for the stock ECM to do its job as I felt my problem was a bit of confusing with data being forced by the FIC when trying to near idle. AFR gauge helped quite a bit to figure that part out haha.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
DKN-YARIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
Running over a year 10psi daily driver only a wastegate actuator issue which was replaced with a nissan juke actuator all is good but my stock clutch is starting to go.
Kou: glad to hear you got the car running with no problems now. Ya, the stock will only hold up for so long depending on your style habits. When you get a new clutch are you putting in an LSD?
Old 10-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #6
kou

Yes a TRD LSD. And a built engine.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #7
DKN-YARIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
Yes a TRD LSD. And a built engine.
is the TRD LSD 1.5 or 2way? the Kaaz LSD isn't too bad for DD. Slow turns makes the car sound like its going to fall apart haha. Let me know if you plan to do the LSD yourself. I should have the service manual for taking apart the transmission for LSD installation kicking around somewhere still.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #8
kou

I am not sure it may be 1 or 1.5 way. I don't think I am doing the LSD swap unless I get some free time I am going to pull motor and trans out then give it to someone to install so the charge shouldn't be to much. Oh and thanks I have the service manual on my phone.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #9
DKN-YARIS

Ya 1/1.5way will do you just fine. Makes boot around corners more aggressively lol. It shouldn't cost too much. I was quoted like $200-250 for someone to do it but I ended up trying it myself. Will probably need to order a new the differential side bearings prior as they need to be pressed in and places won't pull them back out...
Old 10-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #10
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L

Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
That's good to hear. Getting ready to finally boost mine...right after buying a house. Plan on going no further then stock injectors.

I dropped 8mpg from going from stock injectors and low boost in my Tercel to 295s and many boosts

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #11
vaironl

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door, manual tran
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuguy View Post
That's good to hear. Getting ready to finally boost mine...right after buying a house. Plan on going no further then stock injectors.

I dropped 8mpg from going from stock injectors and low boost in my Tercel to 295s and many boosts
I want to see that yaris!
vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote