Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #1
thatboyjer

Drives: 5spd 2007 Yaris LB
power locks and whatnot

Here's a question for anyone who bought a manual yaris. Were you guys able to get power windows/locks for your Yaris? The thing is i went in today and they told me that i can't buy a manual yaris with power locks and windows. Now in the end i'm still going to get manual, but i'm wondering is there any specific reason why i can't get those options on a manual?
thatboyjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
ALY
TOYOTA Product Advisor

Drives: 2007 YARIS RS 3DR LB "B" PKG
The power options with manual transmission is available in Canada. I don't know why this would not be the same in the US. Strange.
ALY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:34 AM   #3
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
i think it depends on where ur from. I know that in the NE region its really hard to find one manual with power
nqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #4
earljail

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch 5speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqd View Post
i think it depends on where ur from. I know that in the NE region its really hard to find one manual with power
Yeah, when they say "can't get one" I'd guess they really mean "not one in the state" and not "a manual is never sold with power"

I checked, looks like power stuff is part of a package. Doesn't say anything about needing an auto. here.

Is it possible to buy one from another state? Either that, or wait for the proper one to become available.

When I bought my 5-door black hatch last year, there was only one in the province, and the dealer said if there had'nt been any, we could have "ordered one from the factory" and it would take three months.
earljail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #5
thatboyjer

oh jesus 3 months lol. I'm car less right now so that might be a problem. Unless i'd be down to walk 20 miles to work everyday :o

i think its just a region thing, i'll ask again but in the end it isn't really a big deal to me whether or not i have to manually roll/lock. besides its not like i'll drive the sedan version w/ four doors to manually lock and roll the window down. lol. Thanks for the info ;]
Old 07-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALY View Post
The power options with manual transmission is available in Canada. I don't know why this would not be the same in the US. Strange.
Same here in Mexico. I have power locks on a MT Yaris. No power windows though.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:15 AM   #7
yarisuzr

Drives: 2007 Blazing Blue Yaris
I ran into the same problem. It's a regional deal. There are 3 toyota dealerships withing 25 miles of my house. 2 of them told me that it wasn't possible. The way they explained it was, there isn't one and because it's such a cheap vehicle toyota won't take the time to have one built. All I wanted was a manual, with power package, fogs, keyless entry in blazing blue. I had to drive 30 miles out of the way to a dealer in GA who is a "NE region" dealer as opposed to just a "dealer" like the other two i visited. They were able to find me a manual, blazing blue with power and VIP security off the boat and have it delivered withing a week. The answer to question is, yes they're out there in the US but it seems to depend on the reach certain dealerships have. I would suggest just calling around to all dealership within a certain radius and asking "can you get this for me".
yarisuzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:09 AM   #8
thatboyjer

ahhh well its good that you got yours. I already picked up my yaris w/out the power package and let me tell you the price i paid was drastically cheaper than it would've been with it. I bitched up a storm about how "what do you mean i can't get it with power package", acted like i didn't even want the car, was about to walk out and i got it for 10700 (including the down payment but not the tax and titling)

overall i'm very very happy with my 235 a month payment. Very very flexible for a college kid like myself.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:44 AM   #9
SiliconRane
Dr. Trunk Monkey

Drives: 2007 Red Yaris
I added Acuators to my car and an aftermarket alarm . . . i like it better than the factory one.
SiliconRane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:45 PM   #10
PenquinZ111

Drives: RC yRs LB
i have power options in my manual its the only one in my area. before i bought my car i did some looking and lucky enough my dealer was able to get one for me in the colour i wanted too... WOOT =p At first when i told them about it they where like thats not possible they dont make it like that. so i was being a bitch and said go look for one. and soon enought i was able to recieve it

Last edited by PenquinZ111; 08-01-2007 at 12:05 AM.
PenquinZ111 is offline   Reply With Quote