Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
HID flickering problem - DRL fog - Problem solved.

Alright... I just came back from a modification of my DRL module to make the fogs as DRL.

I'd like CTScott and PK to shed the light on this as my dad did most of the work.

I have the completely headlight/DRL wiring diagram (a huge illustrator file). To my understanding, the BLUE wire on the relay is what allows the DRL to work.

As for the fog, upon unplugging the DRL module, they no longer work. This problem was easily solved by grounding the ORANGE wire from the same harness. But this causes the fogs to work independently from the whole exterior lighting.

Alright.. What i wanted to do was keeping the same functionality of the fog (fogs to NOT work independently).

So, this is where the fun begins. Basically, what should be done is disconnect the blue wire form the harness from is current location (pin1 from the module) and connect it to the orange wire of the harness. Simple isn't it?

Noticed it doesn't work as it should.. the fog relay was flickering like an analog clock, sped up 400x. So we thought it did not get enough juice for the fog relay (weird isn't it?) So we added another relay in the module to bypass the power, but that also did not work. both relay went flickering at 400x! lol

This is when we understood that, in order to get lowered output for the DRL, it power flickers.. This is when I thought about plugging the HID with the DRL on without a relay harness. The HID would flash like crazy.

solved the issue by adding a 100uf cap between the blue wire and orange wire.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote