Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
Rumour is that HIN has gone Bankrupt?

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
it totally sucked last year

it was a shell of what it once was

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
it totally sucked last year

it was a shell of what it once was
hehe I had only been once ... last year...
The one here was good, no doubt it was better the years before.... we dont get a lot of cool shows in north carolina

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Ive only been to HIN once about 11 years ago. It was good for what it was back in the day. I think the issue is less people are modding their cars now then there used to be as well. Used to be able to spot atleast 3 modded cars a day. Now theres not too many driving around. We have become a dying breed. I blame the economy.

Its come down to putting that exhaust on your car you wanted or paying this months mortgage.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

the above is very true, there was an article about the aftermarket industry hurting

Old 01-13-2010, 02:43 AM   #6
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
^I hear ya. We're all hurting. I was suppose to start modding my Yaris 8 months ago but just barely got to upgrading the tires last Nov. Now with road trip coming up that sway bar is gonna have to wait until at least until the upcoming tax refund (if I get one this year), or even longer

Haven't gone to HIN in years. What's different now?

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
HIN sucked these last few years, and of course the economy does not help. I enjoy local shows like hellaflush and weksos shows in japantown. oh well, goodbye HIN.

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
I blame the economy.
I think you're right, but in an indirect way. There's an article in this month's Mother Jones magazine that asks where the public outrage is over the state of the economy, and why the citizenry isn't out with pitchforks demanding the heads of the banks and corporations that brought us to the brink of ruin.

What a quoted political pollster found explains it. While we are emotionally upset with the banks and corporations that needed to be bailed out, as well as at the politicians that are in their pockets (which represents an unhealthily large, bipartisan chunk of Congress), we intellectually blame ourselves for being just as large a part of the issues. For so long most of us spent well beyond our means, buying tons of crap on credit that we don't need and/or that didn't last, buying bigger and bigger homes and cars, holding debt and/or shuffling it around, failed to save anything, etc. In other words, at some level most of us know that we are just as much at fault for our own current financial ills as any greedy corporation is.

This new understanding is changing what people consider to be "disposable income" and the way that many of us use such funds. Totally optional, unnecessary offerings such as car modifications, which I refer to as the "fluff" segment of the economy, are the first to feel this shift.

In other words, it's not "the economy" that has caused change, but our individual perceptions of our past and future roles within it.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #9
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

the last HIN's could be summed up like this

we all meet up in a parking lot, Micro image has a tent with maybe 3 products and the rest you have to order.

maybe a few other vendors with the same deal

thats about it

Old 01-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #10
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I went to the early HINs in Chicago. I can see why they went bankrupt. It cost like $25 to get in; I only paid to go once.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I went to the early HINs in Chicago. I can see why they went bankrupt. It cost like $25 to get in; I only paid to go once.
yup, the last one i went to, i paid like $30

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
...and plus the food is way overpriced, I volenteered at one just to get free food and get in free and all they did was overwork me and give me crappy food.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:26 AM   #13
Zefoxe
¦µ¶Œ€♦åËÆ⌐š└╘○Å╝◙þ·▲

Drives: Scion xD
Send a message via AIM to Zefoxe
i blame the aftermarket companies. with most of them being selective of only certain models for pure profits it turns into a game of beating a dead horse and paying for it. People get bored of seeing the same car models with the same mods over and over again every year.
I see very little passion in parts companies anymore other then the smaller companies who struggle trying to support the little guy ( i.e. Garm / Mirco Image for the Yaris ). I hope in the overall scheme of things, people can see this and guys like Garm can jizz in the eyes of the hot shots who chose to stay with the 'popular' models and maybe events like HIN could make a come back. wishful thinking i suppose.

Coming 2010: Toyota iSt CK edition (CooperKiller) stay tuned
Zefoxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #14
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
I think you're right, but in an indirect way. There's an article in this month's Mother Jones magazine that asks where the public outrage is over the state of the economy, and why the citizenry isn't out with pitchforks demanding the heads of the banks and corporations that brought us to the brink of ruin.

What a quoted political pollster found explains it. While we are emotionally upset with the banks and corporations that needed to be bailed out, as well as at the politicians that are in their pockets (which represents an unhealthily large, bipartisan chunk of Congress), we intellectually blame ourselves for being just as large a part of the issues. For so long most of us spent well beyond our means, buying tons of crap on credit that we don't need and/or that didn't last, buying bigger and bigger homes and cars, holding debt and/or shuffling it around, failed to save anything, etc. In other words, at some level most of us know that we are just as much at fault for our own current financial ills as any greedy corporation is.

This new understanding is changing what people consider to be "disposable income" and the way that many of us use such funds. Totally optional, unnecessary offerings such as car modifications, which I refer to as the "fluff" segment of the economy, are the first to feel this shift.

In other words, it's not "the economy" that has caused change, but our individual perceptions of our past and future roles within it.
I shake my head and laugh at this. Mother Jones being quoted like they are credible, instead of the commie hacks they are?

C'mon man, get real.

Our economy was deliberately sabotaged by the Clinton's and Bush's, year in and year out.

Only because I want to hope they didn't do it on purpose do I say that everyone in all 4 administrations, now counting Obama, were clueless economically, which in reality, isn't that far of a stretch considering the pathetic state of economics taught in schools today.

Or to take another tack and answer the question posed,"Why aren't people mad?" Because the media is telling them not to be. The mainstream media is doing a good enough job making excuses for everyone that people are giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Or, they were. But that is changing rapidly. There are now enough people charting exactly what happened for people to start getting really mad. And people are finally starting to pay attention to the history of this country for the past 100 years or so, and seeing what politicians are trying to do to our country. You'll see the pitchforks soon enough...