Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #19
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffiend View Post
even with that said, i dont like any of those cars, and I especially HATE the new camaro.

... I guess thats why there are so many different models of cars though. To each their own.
Most people would call you crazy for not liking the Corvette, the CTS, the Lacrosse, and Camaro but liking and owning a Yaris liftback.

To each their own indeed.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #20
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
then what would be the point of owning a car you don't like? As for the Camaro, car is nice on the outside no argument there, but inside its a piece of crap and the visibility is like looking through a slit in a tank.
It's perfectly fine to love and desire a Yaris. I do.

My point is that some of the cars I posted are considered "dream cars". Yet, here, Yaris owners are saying they suck. Kind of odd, no? Most people consider subcompacts as cars for people that have no other choice but to settle for such a car.

As far as the Camaro, of course the visibility sucks, GM chose to go for what looks the best since this is a sports car.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #21
kelevra
2012 CBR1000RR Hoo Yaaa

Drives: 08 3 door Hatch
Ufff, that Honda cross-over is very unattractive. Why does honda continue to build such unsavory vehicles? They can make it work, my former 2000 S-2000 was a good looking, uber quality ride, the rest of the product line, not so much.

I've owned over 6 honda motorcycles as I feel they are the finest quality, fastest, best handling (I sell Suzukis, Kawasakis, Yamaha and Ducati's in the Summer all great marques), bikes. Most of the honda bikes I had were not so attractive either.

My current 08 CBR 1000RR I find very attractive but others don't feel the same, go figure.

People, we're driving Yaris's, its tough to comment on looks of other cars when we ourselves are not exactly driving a gorgeous car (fact) lolZ!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #22
Kal-El

(I know we continue to be off topic but the hideous CrossTour isn't worth discussing) Anyway....

Quote:
because most people are focused on material belongings and equate the level of car to the level of wealth. I know a few people who could own 3 Ferrari's but they decided to drive a "normal" car.

As for me I could have bought a car a bit more luxurious than the Yaris , but why pay more for a car that will be mostly used for commuting.

As for Yaris owners saying GM sucks, we're not alone. As for Corvette being a dream car , I'm not sure about that but it is a great car and you can't really beat that kind of performance for that kind of price. Other GM products......not so much. The styling of GM is very conservative and aimed at grandma and grandpa (Buick,Oldsmobile,etc).
I agree with you that too many people feel they need to exude their "status" through bigger, fancier cars. I too, feel great owning basic transportation and have no desire to change that. The most I'd move up to is the Corolla/Civic class.

Your assessment on Buick and Oldsmobile (which hasn't existed since 2004) is a bit dated. If you think the 2010 Buick Lacrosse (1st car posted earlier) is a conservative grandpa car, then so isn't the plainer looking Yaris. GM went after the Lexus ES350 with it, and I must admit as a Lexus fan that the Lacrosse blows it away. Just like Caddy, traditionally a car for older folks, now has sharp, sporty designs that 30 year old's love.

Quote:
i dont get it , why do you guys find the Yaris unattractive? i mean its no Maranello but its much better than most cars. I love my HB and ifind the lines very appealing
Of course 99% of us on this board love the Yaris's design. We are biased though. Much of the general public just doesn't share the same regard that we do. Some, even consider the liftback a joke. They're really just accustomed to big cars though. It's kind of a stretch though to consider the Yaris better than most.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #23
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
ugly i'll stick to my Yaris
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #24
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelevra View Post
People, we're driving Yaris's, its tough to comment on looks of other cars when we ourselves are not exactly driving a gorgeous car (fact) lolZ!
If you didnt like the Yaris style why did u even get the car Could have gotten a Fit or something ealse, the worst thing you can do is to settle for something you dont even like
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #25
eht13

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
If you didnt like the Yaris style why did u even get the car Could have gotten a Fit or something ealse, the worst thing you can do is to settle for something you dont even like
Exactly, that's what I was thinking.

Also, the Crosstour is indeed ugly. I was wondering if it and the new Acura ZDX were related mechanically or frame-wise, but apparently they are not.

Last edited by eht13; 01-25-2010 at 12:55 PM.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #26
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
Also, the Crosstour is indeed ugly. I was wondering if it and the new Acura ZDX were related mechanically or frame-wise, but apparently they are not.
Yeah, the ZDX and Crosstour have absolutely no relation. The Crosstour is still an Accord. The ZDX is almost completely based on the MDX which is twice the class of car that the Accord is.

Plus, the ZDX is gorgeous (you have to see it in person) while the Crosstour couldn't be more awkward.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #27
eht13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Yeah, the ZDX and Crosstour have absolutely no relation. The Crosstour is still an Accord. The ZDX is almost completely based on the MDX which is twice the class of car that the Accord is.

Plus, the ZDX is gorgeous (you have to see it in person) while the Crosstour couldn't be more awkward.
I haven't seen the Crosstour in person yet, but it sure looks awkward in pics. I have seen the ZDX in person though, and it was nice... albeit still a bit of an acquired taste IMO. We (my wife's car) have an '05 MDX.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #28
eht13

Saw a Crosstour in person this morning...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic2.jpg (26.7 KB, 16 views)
Old 01-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #29
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
men that does look awkward.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote