Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
P0101 and lean condition

Hey fellas. My Yaris has given me it's first (other than self-inflicted) problem. I was about 60 miles from home at a client location and suddenly it felt like I was losing power. The supercharger was making odd noises and it felt like the car was stumbling. I turned boost off and it felt like the car was barely moving at all. It was sortof like the RPMs were just going all over the place, even at idle. It didn't throw a CEL, but I checked it with Torque and there was a pending P0101 and a lean condition. I turned the car off and pulled the MAF, then reseated it and cranked, then it threw a CEL for the 2 pending alerts. I barely limped to an auto zone nearby and bought some MAF cleaner. I sprayed it out as best I could (It was pouring rain, and though I was under an awning there was still moisture everywhere). Waited about 30 minutes until it seemed good and dry, then reinstalled and took off. It did ok for most of the ride home, then started doing the same thing again. I left the boost off the whole time to avoid damage caused by that. By the time I got home it had thrown a CEL for those same 2 errors. It finally quit raining so I yanked the MAF and sprayed a crapton of that cleaner down in there. Do you think the MAF is bad? I've got 63k miles on my car.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote