Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2017, 11:38 AM   #1
ITA

Drives: 2001 Echo Sedan
MAF Extension Harness

I am working on turbo-ing my Echo. One issue I was facing was deciding how to extend the MAF wires to the location on the intake tract I am planning to place it. I really did not want to cut the original harness and splice/solder wires. As such, I did some research online and found an extension harness on Ebay for 5-pin Denso MAF's. The seller indicates that it works with other vehicles, including the Toyota Tacoma. After inspecting some pictures of the Tacoma MAF online and looking at my own, I decided to give it a shot. It works from what I can tell. If anyone is interested, please see this link.

I believe Yarii share the same 5-pin connection, so I think it should work, though it would be helpful if someone with a newer Yaris experimented with this as well.
ITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Good to know! I'm always hesitant to mess with splicing wires in the engine bay. Salt + wires = fires.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
ITA

Drives: 2001 Echo Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Good to know! I'm always hesitant to mess with splicing wires in the engine bay. Salt + wires = fires.
Yeah, I thought it might be helpful information since we don't always enjoy relatively affordable plug and play harnesses like owners of some other cars.

BTW, how does the salt cause fires? Does it cause a short? Omaha salts during the winter, so I would like to know!
ITA is offline   Reply With Quote