Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Camera Died on Me So ...

So after 5 years of shooting with a basic Kodak Easy Share CX7530 5.0 MP (which I thought took great pics), it broke on me at Street Wars V.

So for the past couple of days, being on budget and in need of a camera (as well as talking a bit to Siva from TheSpeedLounge.com on the phone), I searched online and being that I wanted to take a step up in the camera world on a tight budget, I ended up going to Cameta Camera in Amityville (yes, where the horror happened) and picked up a used Canon Rebel EOS 350D XT. It's not the 10.1 MP camera I was looking for, but I think it's a great start for me in terms of entering the SLR world.

A couple of shots I took so far after just leaving the shop ...

I'm a complete n00b and the camera has no manual so any pointers would be great.

Figured I'd keep it for about a year, get used to it, then save upgrade to something new next season.

What do you guys think?

*Couple more shots I took quickly today*

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
SailDesign

Drives: .
No manual? Here ya go! Too big a file to attach.

http://helene.ethz.ch/edu/vp/instrum...T350DIM-EN.pdf

Enjoy.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Not bad for not knowing what you are doing with it. All Canon manuals can be downloaded from their website:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=11154
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
conurebuddy

Drives: 5 dr Yaris LB
Digital rebels are awesome. If you dont like the flash, but arent sure what settings are the best for you, switch your camera over to "P" mode. It will choose the best settings for your light and subject. Sometimes (most of the time actually) this is just better than using the flash and having things get washed out.

If you're in a more creative mood, put it in "Tv" (time value- controls how long the camera will collect light) and play around. You can try some HDR stuff too. longer time= brighter picture. you can do a shorter time to underexpose it and get some darker lighting that works better for certain ideas you may be trying to capture.

the great thing about digital is that it doesnt cost you anything if you take a bad picture, so play around with it!
conurebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #5
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Those photos are pretty good photos Treyz for not knowing so much of the camera. I myself have a Canon 400D and they are great, im pretty sure the 350 is pretty simalar.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Well I'm not technically challenged so the basics are more or less done with. I really need to see how the time exposure goes and all for those night meets. Just really need to know the settings. Already ordered a fisheye lens for those panoramic shots as well as the funky bubble shots of cars lol.

I went with a canon because it's what most photographers I know use and they have awesome pics (check out www.thespeedlounge.com).

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:45 AM   #7
NJBob

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Very cool, man. I like the shot in the car mirror. Have fun....let's see more pics.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
cool, I had a 350D before too, they're more than good enough!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote