Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
YotaYarisUSA

Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue
Sirius Radio

Does anyone know if Toyota USA car's will have a Sirius radio dealer opition? I know it has the MP3 player hook up jack and I'm thinking I may hook up my Sirius Radio with a kit and play it through the mp3 jack. How much of a pain is it to hook up a Sat Radio kit to a Yaris S. Sedan? Guess I could go Bestbuy and get them install one, what do you guys think? Any ideas on the best way to get Sirius on the Yaris?

Thanks in Advance :)

YotaYarisUSA
YotaYarisUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:22 AM   #2
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
There are products out there that converts a radio's CD changer port into an AUX IN port. Searched the net and found one manufacturer called PIE. Product infos here.

In theory, you have to hook up one of these adapters into the CD changer port located at the back of the radio (which I assume the Yaris' factory radio has). A good idea would be to hook up the wires and place the input jacks at the empty squares located on the side of the handbrake. From the looks of the PIE products, it has both RCA L+R jacks and standard headphone jacks.

You can now plug in any number of devices (MP3 players, portable DVD players, etc) onto to those jacks and use the cars speakers for your listening pleasure.

For IPods, there are IPod adapters that connect to the CD changer port which will allow you to use the car radio's controls to control the IPod. In theory if your Yaris has steering-mounted audio controls, you can use it to control your IPod. A sample product is here.

Here's a good article on how to listen to digital music on your car.
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:31 AM   #3
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Drives: .
Try finding the head unit out of a Scion xB RS3.0 and sat radio compatible. It's quite a nice unit and gives out nice sounds that shocked a few audiophile friends of mine that would only consider amp/speaker/head unit upgrades... considering it's all standard in my car except the head unit.
SmellyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:15 PM   #4
DJ_SpaRky
Resident Scion Guy

Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyTofu
Try finding the head unit out of a Scion xB RS3.0 and sat radio compatible. It's quite a nice unit and gives out nice sounds that shocked a few audiophile friends of mine that would only consider amp/speaker/head unit upgrades... considering it's all standard in my car except the head unit.

You are better off buying an aftermarket HU, the RS3.0 Alpine is not a very good unit for use in other cars.
DJ_SpaRky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Drives: .
I'll try the unit in the Yaris.. at the moment, it's matches the standard speakers in the Corolla and watching DVDs in the back seat is good.
SmellyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote