Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
PROX4x4
1.5 or 2.5 both=0-60 in 8

Drives: 08 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
No. Jumping 3 to 4 turns the fog lights on.

The LED needs to be connected to the illumination circuit. If you connect it to the fog light switching circuit, the LED will remain on all the time (even when the ignition is off). If you look at the attached document, which I recently put together for the MI fog light kit, it shows where to connect the LED to the connector for the lighting for the AT shift lever (the feed is present on both AT and MT cars). The green wire is + and the white is -. By using this feed for the LED, it will only light when the headlight switch is on and will dim with the other interior lights when you adjust the dimmer rheostat.
Thanks! now that makes sense, I don't know why those manuals from after market foglights call for splitting pin#3 and switching the two pieces while the other end is open?.
Can i get the illumination power from under the dash? as I am planing on installing the switch where you have installed yours.