Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
naossoan

Drives: 07 Yaris 3DR
Painting...

Hey everyone.

I've got a 07 silver Yaris 3 door. I wish I waited to buy an 08 or 09 model because they came out with that sort of darker grey/smoke color which I like a lot more. Maybe I wouldn't want to paint my car if I had that color.

Anyways, what I'm looking for is like an average price for painting a whole car a different color, as I understand it is a different price since they have to basically rip the car apart to get all the door sills and eeeevvvverrything.

I want to paint my car Orange - it's my favourite color and I've always wanted that perfect orange color. Not rust, not flourescent, just - perfect. I'll have to mess with pics of my car in photoshop to try and come up with the best color...but I'm just wondering what it costs.

I asked a friend of mine that knows a bit more about cars and stuff than I do and he said for a car my size it would be like $4000?? I dunno it just seems like a lot of money to paint your car, but I guess there's a lot of labour involved if you're painting it a totally different color.

Has anyone on the forum done this?

Thanks
naossoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
for a good job, $2500
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
It would be cheaper to put mods on the car to make it look more to your liking than painting.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
naossoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
It would be cheaper to put mods on the car to make it look more to your liking than painting.
How so? Putting mods on it doesn't change the color....

I do want to do some mods though like those killer ring headlights I saw in someone's picture, a short antenna and some other stuff but the silver color is just killing me, I don't like it at all anymore. I've had the car for 2 years now and I just want it to be a different color.

And I don't want to get rims because if I do end up painting it at some point I might not like the choice of rims I made when it was silver....
Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
2500 is a good deal for a full paint job. but, silver is a good color for carbon fiber and black highlights or gunmetal. silver and dark grey are awesome together.

i'd do a CF hood, spoiler and either a lip or body kit, gunmetal wheels, dark tinted windows and highlight the interior with silver or gray..or even bring the CF inside. also, HIDs, LEDs, and some cold cathodes or led tube lights....the car could be amazing in silver.

it may not be the color you want....but it's better than not having it. and you have options with the silver...it's a good looking color
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
naossoan

Yea I really want to get my windows tinted. I've read that it's not that hard if you do it properly...but a friend of a friend said he'd do it for 100 if I provide him the tint. I'd probably put 20%. In Canada you're not allowed to tint the windhsield or driver/passenger front windows so I can only do the rear/side and HB window which is fine.

I really really want those sick headlights but I don't know what they are.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
check ebay for some led headlights....or micro-image has some as well on the forum. check the forum out...it's got all kinds of info

gunmetal.....it looks awesome on silver.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
DerFlosser

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by naossoan View Post

...I asked a friend of mine that knows a bit more about cars and stuff than I do and he said for a car my size it would be like $4000?? I dunno it just seems like a lot of money to paint your car, but I guess there's a lot of labour involved if you're painting it a totally different color.

Thanks
I have...but not to a Yaris. A paint job is going to cost atleast that and if you decide to do a real full paint job...it'll cost significantly more as they would have to pull the motor and interior.
DerFlosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #9
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by naossoan View Post
Hey everyone.

I've got a 07 silver Yaris 3 door. I wish I waited to buy an 08 or 09 model because they came out with that sort of darker grey/smoke color which I like a lot more. Maybe I wouldn't want to paint my car if I had that color.

Anyways, what I'm looking for is like an average price for painting a whole car a different color, as I understand it is a different price since they have to basically rip the car apart to get all the door sills and eeeevvvverrything.

I want to paint my car Orange - it's my favourite color and I've always wanted that perfect orange color. Not rust, not flourescent, just - perfect. I'll have to mess with pics of my car in photoshop to try and come up with the best color...but I'm just wondering what it costs.

I asked a friend of mine that knows a bit more about cars and stuff than I do and he said for a car my size it would be like $4000?? I dunno it just seems like a lot of money to paint your car, but I guess there's a lot of labour involved if you're painting it a totally different color.

Thanks
+1 But, leave the interior alone, cause they might damage something or putting it back wrong.

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
i been wanting to paint my yaris orange as well. it's my favorite colour too. but, unfortunately, the cost for a good paint job is just way too much. plus i don't see myself being able to incorporate any orange onto the colour i already have because it's bayou blue and i just don't think the two go well together. good luck to you though. i'd love to see some pics if you get it painted.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote