Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #19
YARISinWHITE

Drives: 07 Yaris RS-B 5doors
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoahmaru
I go to that restaurant everyday for breakfast. I was gonna go today but there was something wrong with my engine (an electical malfunction), so I wasn't able to go. My Yaris is a 3 door, the one you saw in Chinatown today is it a 3 door or 5 door I have seen a white 5 door at ABC a couple of times before. Do you go to that restaurant often? If I see a white yaris with a rally style spoiler I'll know it's you.
The one that I saw is 5 doors RS, so I guess it's not yours then. And I don't go there for breakfast very often, I just went today. I usually stay at NW area near SilverCity. And if you see a Yaris with 'Vitz' front and back badges is my Yaris. It is sad that your car broke down already, hope it is something easy to fix.
YARISinWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:01 PM   #20
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARISinWHITE
The one that I saw is 5 doors RS, so I guess it's not yours then. And I don't go there for breakfast very often, I just went today. I usually stay at NW area near SilverCity. And if you see a Yaris with 'Vitz' front and back badges is my Yaris. It is sad that your car broke down already, hope it is something easy to fix.

Yea the dealership fixed it already, not a big problem "they said". Hey can you tell me where you got the vitz front and back emblem and how muchyou got them for? I know toyota has the back emblem, but they said they don't have the front ones. I really like the front ones.

Last edited by hoahmaru; 03-24-2006 at 06:55 PM.
hoahmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:12 PM   #21
YARISinWHITE

Quote:
Yea the dealership fixed it already, not a bit problem "they said". Hey can you tell me where you got the vitz front and back emblem and how muchyou got them for? I know toyota has the back emblem, but they said they don't have the front ones. I really like the front ones.
E-bay is your friend. They are from Toyota Japan, ~US$80 for front big badge and small back 'Vitz' logo. (you may be able to find it cheaper else where but I'm too lazy)
Old 03-24-2006, 06:55 PM   #22
hoahmaru

Quote:
E-bay is your friend. They are from Toyota Japan, ~US$80 for front big badge and small back 'Vitz' logo. (you may be able to find it cheaper else where but I'm too lazy)

Thanx.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:29 AM   #23
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Look at the boomplus toys link that is spread throughout the forum, they are selling the Vitz badges for about $27 each.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:44 PM   #24
hoahmaru

Quote:
Hey I saw you car today in Chinatown. Looking good, looking good. I really like your spoiler and vits emblem. Just wanted to know, did you install a 3M bra for your Yaris? I'am still looking around for the best deal.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:37 AM   #25
YARISinWHITE

Quote:
Hey I saw you car today in Chinatown. Looking good, looking good. I really like your spoiler and vits emblem. Just wanted to know, did you install a 3M bra for your Yaris? I'am still looking around for the best deal.
No, I don't have 3M yet, still thinking about it. I got quote from Icon Filming for $750 included tinted & 3m for whole bumper, hood & mirrors. Icon did 5 of my cars before for tinting and Damien did a good job everytime.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:00 AM   #26
hoahmaru

Quote:
No, I don't have 3M yet, still thinking about it. I got quote from Icon Filming for $750 included tinted & 3m for whole bumper, hood & mirrors. Icon did 5 of my cars before for tinting and Damien did a good job everytime.
Can you give me their business number. I would like to call and ask them. I just need the 3M, my windows are tinted already. And also, when you got your Yaris was the electric cord sticking out of the bottom from grill or was it inside the hood. Mine came with it sticking out and I can't seem to put it back because it is kinda stuck in the grill holes.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:51 AM   #27
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
Shadow Tinting in calgary quoted me $278 for all my windows, except the from one. Thats 2 front doors, 2 back doors, and the back window. 50% for the front, and 20% for the 3 back windows. And this is the high grade stuff, garaunteed not to turn purple.
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:24 AM   #28
hoahmaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHAL
Shadow Tinting in calgary quoted me $278 for all my windows, except the from one. Thats 2 front doors, 2 back doors, and the back window. 50% for the front, and 20% for the 3 back windows. And this is the high grade stuff, garaunteed not to turn purple.
that is a really good deal, do they do 3M as well????
Old 03-26-2006, 11:30 PM   #29
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
they do 3M as hell, i had mine installed at the dealership. this is the website for shadow tinting, http://www.shadowtinting.com/ if you call them, ask for Garth Prosser, tell him that u talked to him at the auto show, and they will give you a discount. i'm getting 15% off, for being a auto show customer.
hope that helps.
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:41 AM   #30
Karel

Drives: 2004 Phontom Grey Camry SE
No offense, but I personally prefer the original RS spoiler.
Karel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:46 PM   #31
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
excuse the ignorance here, but is there any reason beyond aesthetics to having a spoiler on a yaris?

it obviously won't do the job that a spoiler does on an F1 car, but does it help or hinder aerodynamics at all?
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:12 PM   #32
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy
excuse the ignorance here, but is there any reason beyond aesthetics to having a spoiler on a yaris?

it obviously won't do the job that a spoiler does on an F1 car, but does it help or hinder aerodynamics at all?
Odds are you don't actually want it to do anything.

I do know,however, that my FWD Saab has a spoiler that reduces lift but supposedly does not add downforce.

Adding downforce to the rear of a FWD vehicle doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Reducing lift is a good thing though.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:16 PM   #33
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
i suppose the downforce would be best for a rear-wheel drive vehicle?

but i gather that is mostly for aesthetics then.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:33 PM   #34
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy

It does help keep the rear window a little cleaner as well as reduce the lift as why? said. That's what I've seen on other cars anyway. Honestly it's mostly for looks.
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #35
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Seriously designed spoilers can also reduce drag(as those on the wing tips of the big jets?). But for the Yaris, I agree with you gentlemen. It is probably all for the look.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:41 AM   #36
Island Boy

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Question

Quote:
I just put on the Rally Style spoiler on my 07 Yaris RS. After they remove the original spoiler it left 6 small holes from 1/2 inch or 1 inch wide and they need to repair them before they can put the rally spoiler. It's nightmare, but it is something that can be done. Just my piece of advise.
Maybe its cause I have a 3 dr RS and not a 5dr, but my RS spoiler appears to only be attatched by 2 bolts and double sided tape. I'm wondering what the point of the other 4 holes would be. The stock Yaris has no holes, so why would they drill 6 when installing the RS spoiler if only 2 are needed. The two bolts are about 13" +/ - on each side of center, coverred by removable little covers, if I take the bolts out it seems that only a few pieces of double sided tape are all that is left holding the spoiler on. Did you actually see all 6 holes or is that just what the dealer told you. Just wonderring cause I have had small holes repaired before and to do the filling and painting is at least a couple of hundred dollars. It's not usually something a dealer would do as a freebie. When I orderred my Rally spoiler, they said the $410 included tax and instalation and said nothing about having to fill any holes

Last edited by Island Boy; 03-30-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote