Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #271
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
wooooowwwww

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #272
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
The dyno showed +7 whp and torque, not 5 as posted above.
Hey Garm,

Nice production run!

The +7 torque is obvious at about 3,200 and 3,600... but at what rpm is there +7 hp?

I see close to +5hp at about the same rpms as the two torque peaks, and another peak close to +5hp at 4,500. Those are very good numbers especially how they're distributed.

Last edited by tooter; 02-07-2013 at 06:12 PM.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #273
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
We did several pulls, this one showed the best distribution of power gains, but not the greatest power gains.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #274
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
^ then go all Crap Box on us and show the big numbers :P
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #275
4/20 NEVER FORGET

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB MT
Quote:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Those look great!

And as for that dyno chart, you have to keep in mind how restrictive the rest of the system is. With I/H/E and a 1ZZ throttle body, I believe this manifold is going to make some good power, especially in the top end.
4/20 NEVER FORGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #276
tooter
play every day

Quote:
We did several pulls, this one showed the best distribution of power gains, but not the greatest power gains.
Hey Garm,

Could you post the run with the greatest power gains? Showing other runs wouldn't invalidate this one. They would only add additional useful information about your manifold's profile.

Greg
Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #277
3cyltrbo

Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
am I correct in guessing that all those are the natural finish (the standard finish?)

WC
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #278
jetblast

Drives: Gen 1 XB
If the MI or Tooter manifolds would've been available back in the day, I would've gladly patronized them for my intake. :) Waiting on installing my turbo. Sorry for cell pic. Though it's in a box, still same engine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eng.jpg (368.3 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by jetblast; 02-09-2013 at 01:25 PM.
jetblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #279
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Could you post the run with the greatest power gains? Showing other runs wouldn't invalidate this one. They would only add additional useful information about your manifold's profile.
Nope. We printed our choice for one run only, the one we thought showed best overall performance.

Don't worry -- I suspect there will be more dynos available soon for you to review.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #280
tooter
play every day

I just thought an actual graph would help to back up the claim. Less than 5hp to 7hp is significant (~40%). Does that have more to do with Golden Eagle as they manufacture the manifolds and are likely making those marketing decisions? Those great torque numbers alone are enough to already sell manifolds.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #281
4/20 NEVER FORGET

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB MT
AWWWWWWWW SHIT I have a tracking number in my email.

Manifold, thermal gasket and in-cab shifter on the way. Hopefully I can find some time to install it next week.
4/20 NEVER FORGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #282
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I just thought an actual graph would help to back up the claim.
Does that mean you doubt the claim, tooter? I haven't heard that from anyone else. I would hope I have some credibility at this point.

Quote:
Does that have more to do with Golden Eagle as they manufacture the manifolds and are likely making those marketing decisions?
I have no idea what this means. Golden Eagle has nothing to do with any marketing decisions, nor did they have anything to do with the dyno sessions.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #283
Captain Slow
My Face Is Ridiculous

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3dr LB
I have no doubt that if Garm says it makes power it actually does...now just to save up for it, lol.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #284
tooter
play every day

Quote:
Does that mean you doubt the claim, tooter? I haven't heard that from anyone else. I would hope I have some credibility at this point.
I truly didn't mean to offend you, Garm.
There's absolutely no way I could have known that you didn't want to post another graph. Heck, if I made 7hp I'd plaster graphs all over the place because it's such a strong selling point.

Quote:
I have no idea what this means. Golden Eagle has nothing to do with any marketing decisions, nor did they have anything to do with the dyno sessions.
I apologize. I had mistakenly assumed that Golden Eagle manufactured the manifold and had a say in how their product was marketed.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #285
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ I don't know if this is Bob or Jonathan that is posting (or someone else). Sorry, but there is a bit of misinformation there. We should clear it up right away. And welcome to the forums.

Here is just one main point.

The only manifold prototype you produced for TBR fit the xB and not the Yaris. I was the one to point that out to you in your shop, in person, and Jonathan was surprised when I pointed it out. That manifold would never have fit this car.

The only reason one exists for the Yaris is due to our knowledge of the car and our willingness to help get it right, which required four prototypes, multiple test fittings, meetings with you and a dyno session.

I don't see at all what TBR did to help with this product, since their idea was based on a Weapon R manifold which makes LESS power than stock and doesn't fit the car.

We also make the complete kit to install the product easily with no additional parts needed. I'm not going to post any more on here about it; I would have hoped you'd call us before posting on my thread, especially since you already have an email on this very subject.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #286
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
we manufacture the product and set the scale at which the product can be sold for
What is the "scale" or MAP pricing then, since this is the first I've heard about it?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #287
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Dealer cost is private; MAP pricing is public. It's the lowest advertised price the customer can expect to pay, so of course they know what it is. Gotta say, it makes me wonder who is posting here.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #288
jetblast

Drives: Gen 1 XB
I do a yippy skippy heel click every time a new performance part surfaces for our engines. I thank those who spend tons of time developing, manufacturing, and marketing. I thank Micro Image for the awesome customer service I always can count on, and Golden Eagle for taking their risks. Tiz a weeee little engine, and you guys help us to have fun with it.

Thank you.
Ken