Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #19
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan Flint Mica
Yeaa! Finally someone with Lamin-x film! Looks good in the pics! Do you recall if it was as easy to apply as the video on their web site makes it look? Honestly, this is the direction I'm leaning toward instead of paint.
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #20
Mouse

Drives: 2007 MX5
On the MX-5 the lights are curved so I kind of had to massage them on....but other than that it was easy. Just use soapy water and youre good.
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #21
Herbicidal

Well I decided on the Lamin-x film kit. I'm also getting the 3rd brake light film too. It's a universal cut-to-fit strip. The other pieces are specific to the Yaris sedan. I'll start another thread with before and after pics when it's done. Thanks everyone for your input.
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:06 AM   #22
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
Quote:
Hi there! Do you mean get new tail lights, already smoked?
yes sorry if you can only because once you spray them and you deside you dont like them or you want to sell the car you have to fork out a new pair if your keen to do it your self see if you can fine a 2nd had pair and keep your originals also i am not sure about your county or state laws but remember that once you "smoke" the lights it makes it harder for people to see the light signal... sorry for the late reply
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #23
basslover911

Drives: Future Yaris!
Theres some film that isnt just static, that actually has "glue" on it.

ONLY use these, as the static film ones will fall off with heavy heavy rain or going through a car wash. The ones with glue though (its just like glue with window tint) are AWESOME. You can scrub them, wipe them, whatever at the car wash and nothing will happen.
basslover911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:06 PM   #24
Herbicidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslover911 View Post
Theres some film that isnt just static, that actually has "glue" on it.

ONLY use these, as the static film ones will fall off with heavy heavy rain or going through a car wash. The ones with glue though (its just like glue with window tint) are AWESOME. You can scrub them, wipe them, whatever at the car wash and nothing will happen.
Hmmmm. I don't know what kind the Lamin-X ones are. I only hand wash my car, but we do get occasional heavy rains. I guess I'll see how they hold up. They are on their way to me now. I'll probably get them this coming week. Not sure when I'll put them on, maybe next weekend.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:48 AM   #25
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Let me know how they turn out. I may be interested in the same set then.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #26
Saskatchewan17
MS3 Driver

Drives: 2008 Mazdaspeed3
I used nightshades on my MS3:

08TrueRedMazdaspeed3
-PERFORMANCE:
-CP-E SRI - PG TURBO INLET PIPE - GREDDY TYPE S - TRZ REAR MOTOR MOUNT-
-OTHER:
-STRIPES - EXHAUST RESOS DELETED - BLACKED OUT BADGES - TOWPLATE - HD LIP -
- PROSPORT BOOST GAUGE/VENTPOD - STREET UNIT SHIFTER BUSHINGS - TINTED REFLECTORS/SIDE MARKERS/3RD BRAKE LIGHT - SIDE MOLDINGS REMOVED -
Saskatchewan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #27
Mouse

Drives: 2007 MX5
I use to put my car through the car washes you drive through and never ever had a single problem about the Lamin-x coming off or peeling....NOTHING.
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #28
Herbicidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
Let me know how they turn out. I may be interested in the same set then.
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskatchewan17 View Post
I used nightshades on my MS3.
Looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I use to put my car through the car washes you drive through and never ever had a single problem about the Lamin-x coming off or peeling....NOTHING.
Excellent news! Thanks.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #29
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
I've used lamin-x on headlights for a few years now, and I've never had a single issue.
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #30
Herbicidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
I've used lamin-x on headlights for a few years now, and I've never had a single issue.
Are you using clear? If so, why? Just curious...thanks.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #31
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicidal View Post
Are you using clear? If so, why? Just curious...thanks.
I used clear on one set of headlights for rock protection, and yellow on motorcycle headlights for protection/looks/visibilty (to other cars)
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote