Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
SkittlePig

Drives: Graphite YRS Manual
Finally!!!

Hello

I am new here, 1st post and tomorrow is the day I finally get my new Yaris...

Really excited about the new car but a little disappointed in the service I am getting from my local Toyota dealer, apparently they don't want me to give them money lol.

When I went in originally went in I was looking at a Corolla but the Yaris just suited me more... Mind you I'm 6'3 110 kgs lol but oh well the car picks you right.

Anyway when I first went in there the salesman was awesome and gave me a massive discount on a demo they had. I had to say no because I wanted a HB 1.5. I came back 3 days later and was ready to go ahead, turns out the salesman left/sacked i don't know but he was not there any more. That's when i was introduced to Geoff.

Turns out Geoff is a douche and does not know anything about Toyota lol. Every time I asked a question I got "I don't know" but that's not the part that annoyed me.

When they found the car I wanted it was in Victoria, I live in the Hunter region. Anyway they asked me to put a deposit because of the freight that i would get back upon arrival of the car, $500. Did that and waited. Few days later i make a call, see if they know when the trucks rocking up... Turns out they sold that car after I had already signed a contract... and Geoff only found out due to the fact I rang up, Don't know how long it would have taken him to find out

Stuffed around i rang Sydney... they could get me one in in 2 days. I ring my Toyota back and apparently they have a new Yaris on the way... Geoff refuses to tell me where from. Swear words ensue... he still does not know anything... Anyway finally it arrived and i can pick it up tomorrow.

Sorry if it seems like a rant I have just never had such a hard time giving someone money and I work nights and a lad off days bought a car from them and he said the service was great... just a little ticked off... lol oh well I hope the joys my Yaris will bing will make up for it lol
SkittlePig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:22 AM   #2
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Welcome to the forum. There is plenty of ranting here, no offense taken. Hope you get your car soon.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
was id geoff Dag ?? that guy is a wanker
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
SkittlePig

It was Duggan i think...
Old 06-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
ok well dag is a pig i told him i would never ever get a car from him and i said i will tell everyone i know that he was a asshole
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
Bella

Drives: 06 Yaris YR Hatch
Seems a common trend - The first bloke at the local dealer I went to was absolutely fantastic. He was willing and able to do it for just above cost due to the family having bought cars through that dealer, albeit a while back. I went back a month later, and he had apparently left to go to a Darwin dealer or something. The bloke who replaced him (the owners son) was absolutely hopeless. I was there with cash, not needing finance, to buy this car.. And he refused to give me an accurate quote until I gave him a delivery date. After a lot of pushing, the quote I was given was around $18,500 for a 3dr YR manual. Needless to say, I told him to jump. Went to the next closest dealer an hours drive away and the sales staff were brilliant - Ended up paying over $2k less than the local dealer.

Anyway, congrats on your purchase - I'm sure you will love it! There's nothing like a new car!
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
SkittlePig

I went to pick my car up and it was like he was my best friend lol, i just ignored him and spoke with another salesman, took me over to the service center where everyone was really nice and helpfull, shame how one bloke can spoil it all.

And thanks.

Bella i see your from Albury, i used to play footy for the rams and tigers :P small world lol
Old 06-19-2010, 12:28 AM   #8
Jahbs

Drives: 2009 Yaris YR
must be common hahaha

i went paid a deposit on mine last year august. they say my car is comin in 5 days and they will call me back.6th day i call them they say it takes 1 day to unload the cars move them off and collect them, check everythings fine (yeah like i believe that) etc 2 days later i call again... guess wat... they sold it to someone else!!! i ask to get my money back as another toyota store had one in stock he refused. eventually came to an agreement and they loaned me a toyota camry altise for 3 weeks till my yaris came hahaha
Jahbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:39 AM   #9
GrayFox

Drives: 2009 5 Door YRS
When I was shopping for my new Yaris last year I went to the Dandenong dealership first since it was closest. I was wanting to buy a 2009 brand new Yaris and was asking general questions about the differences between previous models (even-though I already knew some of the main differences myself). His responses were not very detailed and his general attitude towards me was poor. So i moved onto the next closest Toyota dealer which was Mulgrave.
Here the salesman was excellent, very interested in my questions and gave me a lot of information about all aspects of the car. They didn't have stock of the colour I wanted so it was ordered. The car arrived on the exact day they had promised. Managed to get window tint and paint protection half price and they also threw in free headlight protectors. The whole experience was fantastic and I would happily recommend this Mulgrave dealership to everyone.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #10
Bella

Drives: 06 Yaris YR Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkittlePig View Post
Bella i see your from Albury, i used to play footy for the rams and tigers :P small world lol
Definitely a small world! My Pop and most of my mates play for the Hoppers!

Soo, how is your new Yaris treating you?
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #11
ChilliwackGuy
WCOAST CANADIAN DRIVER!!!

Drives: 2010 Hatch 5DR - AUTO/AC
I'm in Canada - but I had similar experiences. Just buy from who are comfortable with. I found that Toyota Canada does mfg smaller cars like the Yaris - but the dealerships are happier when you come in and buy their larger vehicles - for obvious reasons!
ChilliwackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #12
SkittlePig

A work mate had the same experience GrayFox at this dealership with my original salesman thats why i went there in the first place lol.

Anyway I got my Yaris and i couldnt be happier with it. When i went back i was ready to tell them to stick it but again i was with another salesman but he was awesome, he went back over everything with me and made sure i was looked after, knocked some off the price got me some extras and what not. So in the end it turned out all right.

Got a mate that is going to tint it for me and im looking at some megan coilovers and a set of rims, Probably advanti Europa's (thats what i like atm) or a set of rota's then i will throw up some pics

Yeah i played for the hoppers in little league lol still got my old jumper lol cant say it gets much wear nowdays though

Cheers