Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Asia
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-14-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Safariworld

Drives: Yaris S
Smurf, you are in Sabah, right? I think they had the audio cover since the time their car appeared on Xtremekar magazine. When I was at the shop, they asked me if I wanted to buy it but I'm sticking with the factory audio. They're quite helpful actually. I bought the RS rear bumper reflector from them
Safariworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
smurf

Drives: 5 door blackie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safariworld View Post
Smurf, you are in Sabah, right? I think they had the audio cover since the time their car appeared on Xtremekar magazine. When I was at the shop, they asked me if I wanted to buy it but I'm sticking with the factory audio. They're quite helpful actually. I bought the RS rear bumper reflector from them
yea ...i'm at sabah........
its really hard to get yaris stuff here..
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
leowhy

Drives: Yaris 1.5G
how's the trash out in pasir gudang?
Old 06-30-2007, 07:06 AM   #4
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
The day started out wet, grey and gloomy, but when we got to the track after lunch, the track was bone-dry, it was as cool as we can expect for a tropical afternoon, and it was all good to go for the track!

In a bid to avoid stressing the car too much I planned only 5 laps each time I went out in addition to one warm up lap and one cooldown lap. I found the car suffered from a lot of corner entry understeer, maybe I was just entering corners way too fast. But the brakes held up and felt good for the duration of each run.

I also paced a Suzuki Swift Sport down the straight and found that the Yaris doesn't give up very much in terms of straightline speed. As my 5 laps were up, I didn't stay with him long enough to see if its cornering was better than mine, but I would feel that would be the case.

I got a little bit faster max speed than Marc (nurburgring) (I recorded a 154kph down the back straight). However I suffered from pretty bad understeer which resulted in quite a lot of front tire scrub. Didn't really cross my mind to reduce tire pressures till toward the end of the session, when I really didn't want to go out anymore.

Also had a run with a Proton Gen 2 Coupe/Satria which was surprisingly quick. I could overtake him (and he graciously gave way) but I found it hard to shake him and pushed too hard trying to lose him. He may have just wanted to follow me instead of being followed by me! Haha..

I clocked a similar lap time to Marc, he is very smooth and consistent while I was all over the place. In addition I was making mistakes all over the place. So technically I had the marginally faster car (manual vs. auto), but he was the better driver.

I clocked near 20 laps. I went into JB with 3/4 of a tank, and filled up on the way home (I did 12.5km/litre which is not bad considering I was on high revs all the time I was on track). That, and quite a lot of Michelin rubber I'd left on the track, plus a bit of coolant lost. I didn't feel that my car was flexing too much, although I felt that the car hops a little through high-G corners when the suspension starts bottoming out.

Hopefully we will see a better turnout next time.

A few photos to show that we were there (too busy tracking to take action pics)

Getting ready to go in!

Having an empty boot makes for a lighter car.

Post tracking and its time for the cars to hit the showers!

One of our friends......

......is Takumi!
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote