Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #19
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benggolf2 View Post
Got the Fiamm el grande horns installed today. Also did the K&N drop-in filter.
Love the horn and slight improvement in throttle response with the K&N filter.

Right now, the Electrochromic rear-view mirror is the only item left for installation.
Does is sound meaner with the K&N?
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #20
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoyaris View Post
youll hear a slight difference on the hood.. alittle louder than stock.. little less restrictive when the car is pushed but its not a difference that youll go whoah!!!..

Last edited by marcus; 01-29-2009 at 12:58 PM.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #21
Benggolf2

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 4-Door LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoyaris View Post
Hi Mojoyaris!
The drop-in K&N doesn't make any significant change in sound and power...just a little - enough for you to hear and feel. Engine feels less restrictive, but as Marcus puts it..."its not a big difference that you'll go whoah!!!"
Old 01-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #22
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
For spring I have a JDM Vitz RS rear to get painted and installed, Blitz Supercharger electronics to get working, Autometer gauges to hook up, and an electronically controlled sequential shift setup (paddles + bump shifter) to replace my 5 speed stick...

Cheers
At the point of doing that much work on the transmission why not just get a new car with paddle shift in it? I mean woo go Yaris.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #23
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
It's all part of an adaptive control setup that's going in so i can drive the manual one-handed due to a disability...

Cheers
Word to the crips. I have a bad leg.

Last edited by Crandall; 01-30-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Crandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #24
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
ok, so i need the money for baby and stuff (not to mention i think the ride will be too rough for a baby) so im selling my coilovers and using the prokits....anyone interested in low-km coilovers, PM me
Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #25
alhope34
Spool'd

Drives: 07 yaris, 16 gen coupe rspec
Not modding the Yaris anymore, but I've got a few things on the list for my Mazda this year.

- mid-pipe (to complete my 3" turbo-back exhaust)
- Transmission and passenger side motor mount
- CP-e front mount intercooler kit
- Cobb sway bars (I think 36mm rear and 32mm front, but don't quote me on that)
- BC racing adjustable coilovers with front and rear adjustable camber kits
- TurboXS Hybrid BOV (to replace my Forge BPV)
- Cobb short throw shifter
- turbo manifold

And, if I somehow find some hidden money, I want to get a complete body/frame brace kit. After all these parts I will be pretty much fully bolted. Next step after that is engine rebuild, big turbo kit, and custom tune. I really don't think I'll be able to afford all these parts this year. If I can't, they go on the list for next year.
alhope34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #26
taKuto
rice rocket

Drives: 05 Echo
clear lens swap for my TL projectors, and maybe install + tune emanage ultimate but debating whether its worth tuning NA for minimal gains or wait till i finish piecing together a boost setup.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:30 AM   #27
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhope34 View Post
Not modding the Yaris anymore, but I've got a few things on the list for my Mazda this year.

- mid-pipe (to complete my 3" turbo-back exhaust)
- Transmission and passenger side motor mount
- CP-e front mount intercooler kit
- Cobb sway bars (I think 36mm rear and 32mm front, but don't quote me on that)
- BC racing adjustable coilovers with front and rear adjustable camber kits
- TurboXS Hybrid BOV (to replace my Forge BPV)
- Cobb short throw shifter
- turbo manifold

And, if I somehow find some hidden money, I want to get a complete body/frame brace kit. After all these parts I will be pretty much fully bolted. Next step after that is engine rebuild, big turbo kit, and custom tune. I really don't think I'll be able to afford all these parts this year. If I can't, they go on the list for next year.
warranty ftL, eh?

don't pop that engine!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #28
alhope34
Spool'd

Yea, $1800 extended warranty FTL. I paid for the 6 year 160,000km bumper to bumper. Although when my right rear shock popped, they changed it no questions asked. But then, I still don't have any suspension mods.

I'll just have to be careful cause the MS3 rods like to snap at about 350whp. Maybe it would be better to add in a rod and piston build somewhere there lol. About $1200 USD plus shipping/tax for the parts, probably $1000-1200 or so for labour with my mechanic. BTW, I got James's old motor mount and CP-e catback on my car now. When I get the mid pipe I think I'm going to get the resonator removed that James added. I was contemplating also removing the muffler and run the 3" with only the required cat, nothing else. I kinda figured that would just be begging for a noise ticket...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #29
thebarber
daily driver

lol, having been there and done that, spend the money on paying off the car

if i hadnt spent 10k on my xrs, it would have been paid off at the time i sold it...

but frig, i had fun (and under warranty....n/a ftw)

aiming to do the same w/ the yaris....keep it stock enough for the first bit to maintain warranty....mild bolt-ons = win
Old 02-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #30
alhope34
Spool'd

Well, anything you do to breathing mods Mazda seems fine with. I have the Cobb AccessPort now which tunes the stock ECU through the diagnostic port. So, if they find out I have that, my power terrain warranty I paid for is out the window. The great thing about the AP though, is I can tune it completely back to stock and there will be no trace of a tune left. Plus, with the AP you can tune the car then remove it, so as long as they don't try and update your ECU software they won't be able to tell it is tuned. Most safe thing to do is to tune it back to stock before going in for oil changes and such.

When my car gets off warranty I want to try the "Valet" map sometime. 3000rpm rev limit and wastegate permanently open, haha!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #31
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Well, anything you do to breathing mods Mazda seems fine with. I have the Cobb AccessPort now which tunes the stock ECU through the diagnostic port. So, if they find out I have that, my power terrain warranty I paid for is out the window. The great thing about the AP though, is I can tune it completely back to stock and there will be no trace of a tune left. Plus, with the AP you can tune the car then remove it, so as long as they don't try and update your ECU software they won't be able to tell it is tuned. Most safe thing to do is to tune it back to stock before going in for oil changes and such.

When my car gets off warranty I want to try the "Valet" map sometime. 3000rpm rev limit and wastegate permanently open, haha!
very nice

im actually friends with unoriginal username over on the mazda3 boards...he had his car all tooled up....then parted out to trade it in...now is running stock

ive been in his car w/ the AP...its pretty sweet....

but then to get 32mpg highway he had to drive 105kph on his daily commute :(
Old 02-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #32
alhope34
Spool'd

Yea, I know you know James :P. I found out about a year ago now. Yea, he took me out in his car with full bolt ons. When I get the mid pipe and FMIC I will be up to what he was at. I kinda miss the days when I could put $5 into the Yaris and drive around aimlessly for 2 hours. But now when I get back in it to take it to the car wash, it reminds me how happy I am to be with my current car and how even 1,000,000 mpg wouldn't change that feeling.

Everyone here must be wondering why I'm on the boards at all still. I still love the Yaris, it is a very brilliant car and to me, is the very best at what it was deigned for. A cheap, economical, practical and reliable daily driver. If the Yaris was easier to add a turbo, build the block and boost to 26psi, I would have gotten one. Since there aren't any REAL tuning abilities for the Yaris yet, I decided to go with a more aftermarket friendly car that was decently priced and stock turbocharged. The car with the very best mix of price/options/performance/insurance costs was the MS3...so what's what I got.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #33
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
[QUOTE=alhope34;234342]Not modding the Yaris anymore, but I've got a few things on the list for my Mazda this year.

hey allhope you got to be loving the new speed3 coming out..it looks sick!!

by the way how much of an insurance are u paying for the sp3...im thinking of gettin the 2010 version..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #34
alhope34
Spool'd

[QUOTE=marcus;235514]
Quote:

hey allhope you got to be loving the new speed3 coming out..it looks sick!!

by the way how much of an insurance are u paying for the sp3...im thinking of gettin the 2010 version..
Truthfully, I don't really like the new MS3. Just like when the '06 Sti first came out, it will take me a while to get used to. And as for insurance, I'm paying $300 a month.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:52 PM   #35
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Quote:
... And as for insurance, I'm paying $300 a month.
WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!?! Seriously??
Old 02-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #36
alhope34
Spool'd

Uhhh...yea? That's not much. When I got the car brand new they wanted $820 a month, so I was second driver and my mom was first and I paid for both of us. That was $300 a month, then just this year when it renewed I got my dad to ask how much it would cost to put me first, was $300 still so I
went for it. Back when I had my G2 it was $120 a month for me on the Yaris as occasional. That was before I got my 10km/h ticket.