Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
patm

Drives: 2007 yaris sedan
Hybrid Audio Mirus

i am unable to hear these speakers as there are no dealers in my area (boston) do they sound astonishing.

will they easily fit into the front doors (where the stock speakers are) in my 07 yaris sedan.

my HU has 17 Watts RMS x 4 at 4 Ohms. is this enough or will i need an amp. if an amp is recommended, any suggestions.

also read that rear speakers should be disconnected. should i leave them disconnected for now until later if i decide to put another pair of mirus speakers in the rear. will this make the sound better.

i have been reading derickveliz2 Yaris Sedan Deadening and Sound system upgrade posts and i dont want to get that involved. i am wanting to keep it fairly simple and inexpensive. actually, i cant understand half of what is being discussed.
patm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Keep it simple:

a pair of pioneer speakers for the front doors, a powered subwoofer and get the feeling, then you can upgrade or just enjoy it.

Here is the LINK

Here is the LINK

D.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #3
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
Keep it simple:

a pair of pioneer speakers for the front doors, a powered subwoofer and get the feeling, then you can upgrade or just enjoy it.

Here is the LINK

Here is the LINK

D.
+1

go to your nearest best buy and choose something they have on display
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by patm View Post
i am unable to hear these speakers as there are no dealers in my area (boston) do they sound astonishing.

will they easily fit into the front doors (where the stock speakers are) in my 07 yaris sedan.

my HU has 17 Watts RMS x 4 at 4 Ohms. is this enough or will i need an amp. if an amp is recommended, any suggestions.

also read that rear speakers should be disconnected. should i leave them disconnected for now until later if i decide to put another pair of mirus speakers in the rear. will this make the sound better.

i have been reading derickveliz2 Yaris Sedan Deadening and Sound system upgrade posts and i dont want to get that involved. i am wanting to keep it fairly simple and inexpensive. actually, i cant understand half of what is being discussed.
The choice of speakers needs to be left to YOUR ear, not someone else's. Like the guys above said, find a local shop and listen to speakers there. And with most speakers, power always helps. Your 17W of deck power isn't much when you decide to crank-up the volume!
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote