Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #19
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate View Post
Barber what do you think about getting a custom exhaust done from the catback instead of the resonator back? Why did you recommend to the OP that he start after the resonator?

Is there any other exhaust piping that needs to be increased to 2" besides the resonator-to-muffler piping?

Also if you're running an axleback already would it be easy to go to a muffler shop and have them convert from an axleback to a catback?
the cat and resonator are right after one another....and it may have been lost in the hack, but when magnaflow was fitting their system to the yaris, they said the cat and res were both 2" thru...so no real need to remove the resonator unless you want a louder exhaust

i paid $200cash for my 2.25" crush-bent exhaust piece from the res to the axle section...

Old 12-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #20
advocate

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
i paid $200cash for my 2.25" crush-bent exhaust piece from the res to the axle section...
Did you have them attach the custom pipe to an axleback you already had installed? Is that possible?

So the piping is the right size after the res but is there another piece that needs to be increased? Maybe the up pipe or the down pipe?
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:33 PM   #21
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i think its 2" from the header to the backside of the resonator....then it goes down to 1.75"

i had a megan axleback when i had the midpipe done, so ya, they built me a pipe with a new flange to attach to the axle back (any axleback)
Old 12-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #22
advocate

Drives: car
Awesome that's what I wanted to know. Thanks for the help.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:24 AM   #23
sujonol78

Drives: 1nz-fe / MT
Send a message via Yahoo to sujonol78
hi there. i came across this forum when i was browsing for some parts for my 1NZ-FE ( Toyota Vios ). Since we are using the same engine, i thought we could share some of our experiences.

My name is Sujono, M, 32 y/o from Jakarta, Indonesia.
here's what I do with my 1nz-fe:
JFC air filter
Intake induction system
TRD clutch and clutch cover
Apexi Neo
CamCon
Custom exhaust manifold ( straight type, about 3mm larger than the standard one, 4:1 )
Custom muffler

with the Apexi Neo and CamCon working together, I can easily control the AFR and the timing.

dyno test ( without camcon and custom exhaust manifold ): 173Nm ( 4500 RPM ) & 132BHP ( 6000 RPM ).

looking forward to have a good discussion on how to improve our 1nz-fe performance ;)

cheers
sujonol78 is offline   Reply With Quote