Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #19
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
haha, well... my point was that it doesn't seem like the CamCon did very much to make that number higher.
Oh Garm, stop being so modest.

On a random side note, I'm still running my S/C tune, with out any S/C in there. I'm so cool.

Last edited by ddongbap; 12-05-2008 at 06:15 PM.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #20
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
I'am asking cause a guy I know pulled 106whp (i saw the dyno sheet) in an xB with the CamCon, exhaust, pulley (crank) and intake (he ran the car in the dyno with the TRD 18's)

I've been racing him before he had the CamCon and after and I did made a difference or at least I notice the difference (I used to beat him easily, now its harder ).

Anyways I'am asking cause they are appearing for around $150 and less (used). So it might be a good buy
Old 12-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #21
1nz

Drives: Vios
10whp for the camcon is not bad but if i can afford it i'l gor for the emanage ultimate since i know it will work for my car because they got the plug and play harness so no need to figure out if theres anythin wrong with the wiring

greddyvios.blogspot.com
1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #22
at3GG

Drives: 07 metmet LB
if this makes 10whp for $150 theyre gonna sell out in hours. Something tells me it isnt nearly that high of an increase. Would be nice to be proved wrong and get a nice xmas present though lol

Konig Heliums 15x6.5 Black
Tanabe Df210's
at3GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #23
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisPR View Post
Anyways I'am asking cause they are appearing for around $150 and less (used). So it might be a good buy
where the hell do u see this thing used. if its that low i'm going to pick one up very soon even if i dont install it till far off in the future

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #24
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
i know it will work for my car because they got the plug and play harness
They do? Can you share some more information about this?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #25
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nz View Post
10whp for the camcon is not bad but if i can afford it i'l gor for the emanage ultimate since i know it will work for my car because they got the plug and play harness so no need to figure out if theres anythin wrong with the wiring
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
They do? Can you share some more information about this?
yeaaaaa. camcon is not plug and play. i thought i had read somewhere that the emanage ultimate was plug and play but that was for the chassis over seas i highly doubt that it would plug into our harness in our chassis

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #26
YarisPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by whooppee777 View Post
where the hell do u see this thing used. if its that low i'm going to pick one up very soon even if i dont install it till far off in the future
That's one of the reasons I love Puerto Rico. People here mod everything....
even PowerWheels get modded (and I ain't kidding) and kids race them on mini stips. People here just mod their cars, get tire and sell the pieces really cheap if not the whole car. That's why I'am asking about the CamCon and I want more info on the Emanage cause I might find something really cheap.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #27
1nz

yeah, the emanage harness are for the jap yaris and thai yaris sedan @ vios, wich i can find the thai vios ecu map, my camcon is not working properly but the old vios gained from 89whp-102.9 whp

greddyvios.blogspot.com
Old 12-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #28
at3GG

is the XB that much slower than the yaris? Or do you just have a decent amount of work done?

Tanabe Df210's
Old 12-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #29
at3GG

nobody ever wants to race...err...do "on street side by side power comparisons"....when I'm driving around.

Tanabe Df210's
Old 12-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #30
YarisPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by at3GG View Post
is the XB that much slower than the yaris? Or do you just have a decent amount of work done?
I only have Intake (custom short ram), Header (ebay), Custom exhaust (catless), I did the TB bypass (even if it doesn't work I don't need it anyways (way hot here no need to heat the TB). And no spare tire or any tools. And some fat 18's LOL.

Garm any idea or suggestion???
Old 12-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #31
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Another setup-specific question...

If I have a Simota intake, Holdener's manifold, full pulley kit, Megan header, HKS axle-back and a 50 shot... can I grab this Camcon and expect to be able to tune the car?
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #32
1nz

yup i think so to tune the a/f sand smooth out the powerb and but if u can get ur hands on the latest unichip it'l be much better as its function like an emanage but it has the ability to tune the vvti kinda like emanage blue + vmanage, i say emanage blue instead of emanage ultimate is because they say the unichip is similar to the blue

greddyvios.blogspot.com
Old 12-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #33
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Although I like your answer, I fully expect it to be refuted. TIY, baby... this is Yarisworld. It doesn't help that I know as much about tuning as I do interior design or nuclear physics.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #34
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisPR View Post
That's one of the reasons I love Puerto Rico. People here mod everything....
even PowerWheels get modded (and I ain't kidding) and kids race them on mini stips. People here just mod their cars, get tire and sell the pieces really cheap if not the whole car. That's why I'am asking about the CamCon and I want more info on the Emanage cause I might find something really cheap.
And the girls there are pretty hot !
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #35
teejay

Drives: liftback
i ran the camcon on my xb before, it is true it is used for tuning both af and camshafts. with basic bolt-ons you wont be extracting crazy horsepower from the yaris or xb for that matter but a few due to the mods you did to finely tune it unlike the tein one where they had the supercharger so tuning would extract more by tuning because of the mods.

i honestly loved it when i took it off my xb before i sold it and when i had it on were two different cars better response smoothing shifting.

they dont have a specific harness to it... u need to splice whichever camcon sries you get i think the harness hes talking about it is to make the wire longer.

im to lazy to splice so mines is just sitting there. if you call power enterprise they have the diagram and they have the settings for the stock motor too.
teejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #36
sujonol78

Drives: 1nz-fe / MT
Send a message via Yahoo to sujonol78
I've been using camcon for almost a year now, and i think it really improves the performance, and i combine it with APEXi Neo. I just use the camcon for advance / retard timing, I use the Apexi Neo to adjust the AFR.
sujonol78 is offline   Reply With Quote