Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southeast
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #37
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Had fun hanging at the meet. Kudos to Kyle (Sabretooth) for organizing! Enjoyed meeting some fellow Yarians and Scioners.

Ogliyaris also showed up too so we had 4 Yaris on hand. We should have lined all of us up for a pic or two. Maybe next time.

Everyone behaved and security gave us 2 good hours until they started nosing around.

Yes the C One Yaris was the meet star. (I want his tow hook!!!). Nice to know its roaming the streets locally here. At least I have the same style taillights as he does. Heh.

Just to let you know, I got sunburned standing in the damn parking lot!!!!!

Can we do this inside next time?

Last edited by redyaris; 07-16-2007 at 09:25 AM.
redyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #38
SAKU

Drives: White 3-Door Yaris
Send a message via Yahoo to SAKU
Hey thanks for the love, I'm the owner of the C-ONE Yaris, I'm not the one in the picture but thats my brother. I work at KamiSpeed and its thanks to them that I have the car the way it is. Any of you guys are welcome to come out to the shop I usually have the car out if you wanna take a closer look. Being said we're located on 7901 Kingspointe pkwy Suite 23; Orlando Fl, 32819.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:51 AM   #39
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKU View Post
Hey thanks for the love, I'm the owner of the C-ONE Yaris, I'm not the one in the picture but thats my brother. I work at KamiSpeed and its thanks to them that I have the car the way it is. Any of you guys are welcome to come out to the shop I usually have the car out if you wanna take a closer look. Being said we're located on 7901 Kingspointe pkwy Suite 23; Orlando Fl, 32819.
hey how far away from you is the WORC (worker's comp place) and the weird furniture place, I've been to the WORC and it's in the kingspointe pkwy behind the gas station but I never have gone back in there farther...maybe I'll drive on through tomorrow I need to go to Harbor Freight anyways....
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:55 PM   #40
SAKU

Drives: White 3-Door Yaris
Send a message via Yahoo to SAKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
hey how far away from you is the WORC (worker's comp place) and the weird furniture place, I've been to the WORC and it's in the kingspointe pkwy behind the gas station but I never have gone back in there farther...maybe I'll drive on through tomorrow I need to go to Harbor Freight anyways....
hey its right behind the gas station, my car is out there right now so you can see it... but its directly behind, the 1st building, we usually have some sort of car parked outside so you'll see it...
Old 09-10-2007, 04:30 AM   #41
la panique
zhen zhong, it's big!

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
I'm so jealous of you Southern Florida guys. When the closest big city is Pensacola, Southern Florida looks amazing. Next time you guys have one of these, i'm making the six-hour trip!

Anyone want to organize another meet?
la panique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #42
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Quote:
Originally Posted by la panique View Post
I'm so jealous of you Southern Florida guys. When the closest big city is Pensacola, Southern Florida looks amazing. Next time you guys have one of these, i'm making the six-hour trip!

Anyone want to organize another meet?
YES, absolutely...for the entire State and the Southeast region. (Hint: ATL guys?)
Old 09-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #43
la panique
zhen zhong, it's big!

I'll help organize it, where should it be held? ;)
Old 09-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #44
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Quote:
I'll help organize it, where should it be held? ;)
Orlando of course. Central part of the state for all. Ill bet Steverino will even come up from MIA and do a drifting demo for us (using our cars).
Old 09-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #45
la panique
zhen zhong, it's big!

I'll have to find some others to cruise down there with. Ft. Walton to Orlando is a lonely drive down 10 and 75 by yourself. I've got to get a picture of my car next to one of the 'We Bare All' signs. ;)
Old 09-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #46
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Quote:
I'll have to find some others to cruise down there with. Ft. Walton to Orlando is a lonely drive down 10 and 75 by yourself. I've got to get a picture of my car next to one of the 'We Bare All' signs. ;)

Dontcha just love I-75? While you're avoiding the maniacal Georgia Department of Transportation road destruction you have the 'WE BARE ALL' signs to keep you awake.

BTW those signs used to be a LOT better. Had semi nude chicks in seductive poses on them. Too bad the Baptists in the GA Legislature got them removed.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #47
la panique
zhen zhong, it's big!

I went on a road trip to Tampa with a buddy of mine during the summer, as soon as we got off the 10 and headed south on 75, there was a brightly-colored 'We Bare All' billboard every 5 miles until the actual place between Gainesville and Ocala. I like how each one builds it up as you go along. "Free Showers.." "Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner," "Open 24 Hours.." and the ominous 'Couples Welcome.'

Okay, i'll admit it, curiousity killed me and I had to stop and see what all the rage was about. Lets just say they don't call it We Bare All for no reason...of course what would I KNOW about that. :P
Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #48
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
What is this "We Bare All?"
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #49
la panique
zhen zhong, it's big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
What is this "We Bare All?"

Take a trip through Florida on 75 South and you'll see these every five miles or so.

They eventually lead to the mysteriously mysterious Exit 374, with a couple gas stations, a hotel, a run down taqueria, and of course, Cafe Risque, aka the 'We Bare All.' Keep in mind this is in the middle of nowhere somewhere in the space between Gainesville and Ocala. Essentially it's a strip club/ truck stop type place where, well you guessed it, the employees bare all. So now you can watch strippers while eating greasy chicken strips, or perhaps take in a game of pool with some truckers. From what i've heard, there is a second one (first one?) in Georgia as well, complete with signs and all. Funny thing is, the signs have been a staple of Florida interstate travel, along with Free Orange Juice, 20 foot alligator, Indian River fruit, Florida Welcome Station, see Disney free, etc etc.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #50
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Man Chino... we need to get you out of Ohio .... maybe next summer we can do a I-75 run down to Florida, with a stop in the ATL.... get you cultured to the South
Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #51
la panique
zhen zhong, it's big!

The little known fact is i'm actually from Ohio myself. The Air Force put me in Florida. ;)
Old 09-17-2007, 12:28 AM   #52
rayrayII
echo

Drives: 2001Toyota Echo
If there is another meet I would come out. I haven't been to any meets in Orlando. The only meets I've been to in Florida were in Pensacola called Bayfront when I lived outside of Eglin AFB. I would enjoy seeing other Scion and Toyota owners cars and find out what others are doing to their rides here in Orlando.
rayrayII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:08 AM   #53
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrayII View Post
If there is another meet I would come out. I haven't been to any meets in Orlando. The only meets I've been to in Florida were in Pensacola called Bayfront when I lived outside of Eglin AFB. I would enjoy seeing other Scion and Toyota owners cars and find out what others are doing to their rides here in Orlando.
I recruited rayray for yarisworld. I met him in Orlando and he's got a nice looking Echo. Post some pics in the photo section rayray!
Old 09-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #54
rayrayII
echo

Drives: 2001Toyota Echo
I got robbed

I was gonna put pics redyaris but this mourning my car was broke into and I was cleaned out. I have body damage and everything. So until the insurance company pays for everything I'm sorry but no pics.
rayrayII is offline   Reply With Quote