Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
paeko73
 
Drives: Yaris "S" Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: HI
Posts: 37
Fog lights for S sedans (US version)

Toyota Hawaii just told me today that they DO NOT bring in Yaris S sedans with fog lights at all. Do you guys have the same problem too? I think the fog lights make the sedan's front end look way better. For those of you lucky enough to be able to purchase one with fog lights, which state are you in, and which dealership did you visit? Toyota Hawaii told me to put in aftermarket fog lights, but I'm sure they won't fit perfectly like the stock ones.
paeko73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
Tankota
Prototype Tester
 
Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reseda, CA
Posts: 67
Sothern California can't get them either.. but Northern California can.

I already ordered the factory fog surrounds for the front bumper (instead of cutting the ones that came on the non-fogs) and I've got a set of pilot driving lights that look like they might fit perfect and look like the fogs... I still need to pull the covers from underneath the car and find out how the factory ones mounted to make sure they will work... I've also got some thin pilot fog lights that I'm going to mount behind the front grill..

And before anyone asks, the driving lights are the only thing I could find that was close to the stock looking fog lights, I couldn't find any fogs localy that look the same... This way I have both fog and driving lights... and both will work actualy better this way having the thin wide beams coming from the the grill and the full driving lights mounted at the fog location with nothing to block them.
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:53 AM   #3
paeko73
 
Drives: Yaris "S" Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: HI
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankota
Sothern California can't get them either.. but Northern California can.

I already ordered the factory fog surrounds for the front bumper (instead of cutting the ones that came on the non-fogs) and I've got a set of pilot driving lights that look like they might fit perfect and look like the fogs... I still need to pull the covers from underneath the car and find out how the factory ones mounted to make sure they will work... I've also got some thin pilot fog lights that I'm going to mount behind the front grill..

And before anyone asks, the driving lights are the only thing I could find that was close to the stock looking fog lights, I couldn't find any fogs localy that look the same... This way I have both fog and driving lights... and both will work actualy better this way having the thin wide beams coming from the the grill and the full driving lights mounted at the fog location with nothing to block them.
Isn't it a better solution to drive up north (CA) and buy the Yaris there (and get the stock fog lights) instead of doing what you said above? I like the stock fogs because they are integrated into the light switch control of the headlights (don't have the Yaris yet, only assuming that the light-control settings are the same with my Lexus IS 250).
paeko73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #4
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing
 
fnkngrv's Avatar
 
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by paeko73
Isn't it a better solution to drive up north (CA) and buy the Yaris there (and get the stock fog lights) instead of doing what you said above? I like the stock fogs because they are integrated into the light switch control of the headlights (don't have the Yaris yet, only assuming that the light-control settings are the same with my Lexus IS 250).

Easier said than done I wager....


They didn't offer the car with the factory fog's in New England either....plus when I bought mine in Minnesota (they had to get me the car from Wisconsin) I was informed that the Midwest didn't have it offered off the show room floor either. The biggest trouble which is reflected in several threads here is that you can't trust your Toyo' dealer any better than any other dealer out there....they honestly don't know their ass from a hole in the ground...not to mention they are not making any decent money on the 07 Yaris. I have a cousin that works for a dealer in Minn/St Paul and I had asked him if I could weasel a little cheaper out of the other dealership I bought from than MSRP and he said that in all honesty even at MSRP they are only making about 550 bones so they would not have any wiggle room. He was saying that they are trying to get a feel for demand in the US because they are looking to make it hybrid in the next couple/few years, but who really knows what JDM has in the works....
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook


Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing


Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #5
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,177
Are non-fog light equipped cars, already pre-wired for fogs?

I know lots of other car manufactures do this, where the wiring is already there for the most part, just plug and play the fogs, housing, etc.

Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
heylookitsjames
maintenance of momentum
 
Drives: 2007 5spd 3dr
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Riverside CA
Posts: 129
From what I understand, the factory fog lights are pretty unsubstantial... weak even.
heylookitsjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #7
slvryaris
 
slvryaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 886
When I ordered mine they werent even an option, and even Toyota couldnt do keyless entry. I had keyless done just the other day.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #8
Tankota
Prototype Tester
 
Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reseda, CA
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
Are non-fog light equipped cars, already pre-wired for fogs?

I know lots of other car manufactures do this, where the wiring is already there for the most part, just plug and play the fogs, housing, etc.

In theory the harness, or at least a plug in for the harness, should be there. But the biggest problem is the factory switch, it's intergrated into the headlight stalk.. in order to get it you need to replace the entire stalk with the one that has the foglight switch on it.. I think sombody priced it out that to get all the parts and install the factory lights it would run over $500. So far I've got $18 for both factory fog surrounds, $60 for the driving light kit including harness, and $45 for my fog light kit including harness.. much cheaper and I'm betting I'll have better lighting... I will be a few weeks before I get it installed, the factory surronds were not stocked by Toyota localy yet so they have to order them from Japan.
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #9
Tankota
Prototype Tester
 
Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reseda, CA
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris
When I ordered mine they werent even an option, and even Toyota couldnt do keyless entry. I had keyless done just the other day.
See, I could get factory keyless in So-Cal, just not fogs..
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:27 PM   #10
as400g33k
 
as400g33k's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 249
Pls. refer to this thread in the Ozecho forums where someone with a Yaris sedan fitted aftermarket fog lights.

HTH
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:16 PM   #11
slvryaris
 
slvryaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankota
See, I could get factory keyless in So-Cal, just not fogs..


Ya its all a little messed up. I just put PIAA headlights in mine and let me tell ya they are bright and worth the money. Hell I dont even need foglights now. Although if I could get the same look and color of the bulb I would get the PIAA foglights, but they are expensive but worth the money.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:38 PM   #12
paeko73
 
Drives: Yaris "S" Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: HI
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankota
See, I could get factory keyless in So-Cal, just not fogs..
Same here in Hawaii, factory keyless is available, but not fogs. It's kind of funny because almost ALL the S sedans pictured on advertisement have fog lights, but in reality, not too many dealerships have them. Yaris owners with fogs on their S sedan, which state are you from?
paeko73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"OEM" fog lights from ebay drell42 Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 5 07-28-2006 09:21 AM
FOG LIGHTS DJ_Trizzak Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 0 06-14-2006 12:34 PM
Echo fog lights drell42 Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 1 05-26-2006 08:37 PM
Does anybody knows how to install the fog lights for the yaris hatchback? cburac DIY / Maintenance / Service 4 05-01-2006 12:51 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.