Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
MitchEvious

Drives: '08 Yaris
Head Unit Suggestions

Hey guys,

New here, but was reading a lot of the posts in this section. I've got an '08 Yaris and was looking to replace the manufacturer head unit with something...well better in every way possible.

I already have an Alpine CDA-9856 that I could throw in without any major problems, but I was looking at the double DIN units for some additional features. I'm not sure if I want to do GPS(and I know some people on these forums dislike that because it's easier and cheaper to get a standalone unit that will be easily upgradable), and can look into that later. My main concern is theft. I live in a not so upstanding area in Dallas and am worried someone will break into my car and take the stereo. To this point, I'm looking for something that I can either remove the faceplate, or something that has a built in cover to make it at least harder to tell I have a nice stereo installed. Does anyone have any suggestions as far this goes?

I don't mind installing my own stereo, I've done it before, but I'm also not opposed to having someone install it.

Appreciate the help
-Mitch
MitchEvious is offline   Reply With Quote